miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - OFFENSIVE TACKLE MATT LIGHT - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on his health) “I’m doing well. It’s a good morning.”

(on missing media day) “I tell you what, I feel horrible about that. I do. And I love spending time with you guys. Not having the opportunity to be around so many of you in such a wonderful setting was very disheartening, but I’m pulling through.”

(on practicing today) “I’m excited about practicing today. We have a good game plan here. We are ready to go.”

(on if he watched media day on television) “I didn’t. I heard there was a lot going on. (Rob) Gronkowski said he got the same question over and over. And he gave the same answer. He is a well-trained animal. That’s what he is. He is a good man.”

(on if his status is day-to-day) “No. I’m just today, just today. That’s all I care about.”

(on the season) “It’s been an awesome ride. I think any guy that plays this game wants to go out and play with guys that are passionate, they love what they do and they are professionals. I have been fortunate to be around a group of guys that have always shown up each and every week.”

(on being at the Super Bowl with the Patriots) “There is a reason for everything, without getting too far into it. I think back to the offseason and all of the things that came along with it. It seems like it’s been a longer season than any of those in my past as far as all of the things that we dealt with and we worked through. It has been an awesome ride. It’s one that I would like to see all the way through. There were a lot of memories. It’s been awesome. It’s hard to believe.”

(on if there is a rivalry with him and Giants DE Osi Umenyiora) “Can you have an individual rivalry? I thought rivalries were between teams in general. But, I’m ready to go out there and play whatever game I have to play. We’ll have fun doing it. I’m not sure that comes at a personal level.”

(on his on-field relationship with Umenyiora) “I mean we play football against each other. I’m not sure how you categorize that. I wouldn’t say it’s something more than anyone else I have ever faced.”

(on Umenyiora wishing him well) “He said that? Wow. I’m feeling better.”

(on if he feels like Tom Brady’s guardian angel) “I’m not sure how he categorizes me, but I’m pretty sure guardian angel is a far cry from that.”


(on if the Giants defense is doing anything really complex) “They are going to switch some things up and I’m sure they will have a few new wrinkles for us. It’s not easy to have so many good pass rushers on one defensive line. They have amassed a number of them. Even the guys that rotate in there are good at what they do. They bought into that system, obviously. They work hard at everything.”

(on the shifts on the Giants defensive line) “It really doesn’t change what we do, but the recognition as to who it is and what they are good at is big. The things that they can do off of that personnel group or particular look, you have to study it. You have to know what they do.”

(on if he ever thinks this may be his last go-around at the Super Bowl) “Every game could be your last go-around, that’s why you embrace it all. This is an awesome week for everybody. You want to play this one like it is your last.”

(on being one of the three remaining from the 2007 Super Bowl) “It’s hard to believe that in one career you can go to this thing five times. It never gets old and is always a lot of fun. To have guys that have been with you the whole time is something you never forget.”

(on protecting Brady) “We are going to do what we have done all season. We are going to have a great week of preparation. We are going to go out there and be technically sound at what we do and we’re going to go all out.”

(on if he still has a stomach bug) “No, I’m feeling better. I was a little under the weather. We are ready to rock-and-roll for Sunday.”

(on if tackle Sebastian Vollmer caught the bug too) “I’m not sure that I can speak for him but I think he is doing alright too.”

(on his responsibility of blocking for Brady) “Every guy upfront has a job to do. We just go out there and play the game that we learned. Keeping [Brady] upright is a big part of that.”

(on his memory from Super Bowl XLII in 2007) “Right afterwards, it was horrible. By the time offseason conditioning started, we were back in action doing what we always do.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario