jueves, 2 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - RUNNING BACK DANNY WOODHEAD - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Thursday, February 2, 2012

(on practice this week) “It’s been going good. We’re just trying to get more acclimated with the game plan, get it down and make sure that we’re ready for the game Sunday night.”

(on what’s different about practice this week) “Really, there hasn’t been a big difference. Coach has kept it the same or as normal as it can be. We’re trying to do what we do every week and that’s be prepared and be ready to execute once the game comes around.”

(on if Rob Gronkowski will be ready to play) “That’s a question you ask Coach. That’s not a question you ask Danny. I’m not the one that makes the call on anything. That’s what Coach does.”

(on what has been the most fun thing he’s done this week) “I think it’s just the whole Super Bowl experience and being a part of it. It’s something as a kid you dream of. It’s really exciting, but we do need to keep things normal a little bit because it is a business trip and we got to be ready on Sunday.”

(on if everything has sunk in for him yet) “I don’t know if it will sit in until we’re out on the field, but it’s exciting. We’re keeping it normal. Coach has done a great job of keeping it like a normal week and just preparing like it’s a normal week and that’s what we have to continue to do.”

(on if it will be hard to keep things normal with the game only 72 hours away) “It’s 72 hours until the game, so just like any other game, we’re going to approach it the same way. I’m going to approach it how I approach all the regular season, preseason, playoff games. I’m going to try not to change anything.”

(on if he gets to spend time with his family when they arrive) “There will be some time to hang out with family and that’ll be nice. I’m glad that my family is going to be able to be here to experience it and experience it with me, my wife and daughter. It’s a fun time.”

(on if he gets to stay at the same hotel with his family) “No, it’s a business trip. We got to try to limit most of the distractions and that’s one of the ways you do.”

(on if there have been any distractions this week) “Not really. To me, it’s been a pretty normal week. We’ve had media every day, but that’s not something that really changes the way the week is really approached. We just go out and practice. We have our meetings, so things have been relatively the same.”

(on if he’s seen any celebrities this week) “No, maybe a few I guess, Media Day. Other than that, no. We’re approaching this like any other week and that’s where we’re working. I don’t really have a lot of time to pay attention to stuff like that.”

(on what he thought of Media Day) “It was different. It’s not every day however many thousand media-credentialed people talking to you. It’s not that big of a deal. It didn’t change the day too much. We did media for an hour and then we’re back to our normal schedule.”


(on the children’s book that was written about him) “I thought it was something cool and something cool to be able to have books for my children someday that’s about their daddy. It was a neat thing to do.”

(on what it’s like to have his life in a children’s book) “I don’t know if it’s really set in. It’s not like I really see books everywhere. I think it’s cool. It’s something that probably I never expected to have happen, but it happened and it’s pretty neat.”

(on his children’s book benefitting charity) “Yeah, I think that’s something that is even more important is doing it for a good cause. That’s the number one thing.”

(on what the Super Bowl experience has been like) “It’s been like a normal week. We have media every day, but other than that, we have practice, we have our meetings. It’s a pretty normal schedule. It’s been like a normal week besides the whole media part.”

(on if he’s dreamed of what it will be like to step on the field on Sunday) “You think about it, but I try not to think about it too much. I don’t want it to consume my thoughts. I want to be able to approach this week like any other week and that’s just going to work every day. When it comes, it’ll happen and I’m sure it will be exciting.”

(on how much more comfortable he’s gotten on kickoff returns) “I think the more you do anything, you’re going to be more comfortable. I just go out there and try to execute the play that is given and I’m going to do my best with it.”

(on if he feels like he’s getting closer to breaking a big kickoff return) “I don’t know. I think we got 11 guys on the field, 10 others and there’s me. We all try to do our job to the best of our abilities and we’re going to do that every play.”

(on the kicking game possibly being a deciding factor on Sunday) “Any play could help us out, whether it be offense, defense or special teams. It’s a team game and whatever’s going to happen, it’s going to be all of us as a team together.”

(on what he’s learned after getting more reps as a returner) “It’s still football. I don’t know if there’s one thing I really learned. It’s still football. Special teams, when you’re returning, you’re still following blocks. It’s still football.”

(on if he’s thought about the possibility of him being the first one to touch the ball in the Super Bowl) “I don’t know if I’ve thought about it all that much. Like I said, I stay so in the present right now. I’m just trying to get ready for the game. That would be cool, but we just got to go out and approach it like any other game. It’s obviously the Super Bowl, so it’s a little different, but we got to approach it like it’s any other game.”

(on if he keeps up with the Jets anymore) “Not really, I keep tabs on the New England Patriots and that’s it. Once we play them, yeah, I’m going to find out what’s going on. I think anyone else in the League, you might see scores come across the TV or something later on after your game, but you don’t really have time to think about the other teams. You’re more worried about what you do with your job. Honestly, there’s not a real reason for me to do that because I don’t play for New York. I play for the New England Patriots. That’s the number one thing.”

(on how he looks at his past experiences of getting released and signed) “I look at every experience in my life as something that it’s part of my life and it’s something that I can use whether it be something good, something bad, can use it to help me out with the rest of my life. It’s not something I think about a lot, but I feel like my journey was planned out by God and that’s how things worked out.”

(on how tough of a challenge the Giants’ defense will be) “I think it’s going to be a huge challenge. I don’t think it’s just the last couple weeks. I think they had a great defense the whole year. We just got to be ready to go Sunday night.”

(on if he’s had a special connection with DB Ross Ventrone) “He’s a great guy and he’s a great player. This year has probably been a little crazy for him. That’s something you have to ask him, but as far as a guy, he’s a great guy.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario