miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA DAY - QUOTES FROM SAFETY ANTREL ROLLE - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday , January 31, 2012

(on Super Bowl week) “You know, it’s already anticipated. We know what to expect coming in at this point, we’re taking it and we understand that this is something that’s protocol. It’s going to be nothing for us to get back to work. This is not going to be a distraction. This is actually something good and also something to give back and give inside access to what’s actually taking place here in the Super Bowl.”

(on how intense practice was last week) “Practice was as expected. We’ve been doing an exceptional job in practice, we’ve been doing everything we could do to get ready for this point and we’re going to continue with those great practices throughout the rest of this week and step on it come Sunday.”

(on what it’s like being at this Super Bowl compared to his last appearance) “You know, it’s extremely special and it’s well deserved. It’s been a tough road. It’s been an extremely tough road for us. We’ve fought with every inch of our bodies to get to this point and most of all, we’re here and we’re accepting this, we’re going to embrace it, and we’re going to do everything we can to make sure we come out victorious come Sunday.”

(on if being here with the Giants is similar to his experience at the Super Bowl with the Cardinals) “It’s very similar. We were both 9-7 going into the playoffs and we’ve made an exceptional run and, I’m just looking forward to a different outcome come Sunday.”

(on his mother giving him advice for the week) “Basically she just told me to be careful and that you don’t want to be labeled as the cancer or a guy who disrupts things around the locker room and things of that nature. She knows I’m not that kind of guy so, she’s just like “Antrel, it’s not who you are it’s who you portrayed out to be,” and I understood exactly where she was coming from but I also felt like I needed to do what I had to do and that was to say what I had to say and most of all go out there and just play exactly what I’ve been preaching as far as practice and I think for the past five weeks I’ve been giving 100 percent each and every practice I’ve been out there which is every practice because I don’t miss practice at all. You can say one thing, but to go out there and just play exactly what you’re talking about is another thing.”

(on if it is weird to have people criticize him on his confidence in himself and his team) “Nothing’s weird to me at this point, especially being in the state of New York. The broadest media base in the world, people are going to have their own twisted things and people are going to take things however they want to take it, but you know, it’s tough. Like I said, it’s extremely tough. I’m human at the end of the day, but I’ll take it. Doesn’t matter what kind of heat comes on my shoulder, I’ll take it, because like I said, I look at the end of the tunnel and not the beginning.”

(on the challenge of facing the Patriots) “The Patriots are a good football team. They’re a good football team and they also were deserving of being here. They had a great season and they won ten games straight.”

(on his mom being there for him) “My mom has always been my angel, my angel on my shoulders. She’s always been there and we speak at least three or four times a day each and every day and we talk about everything. We talk about life first and foremost and we talk about our relationship with God and how that can always get better. We talk about football and the ins and outs of that. No one is going to give it to me more real than my mother and I understand that. That’s coaches, that’s players, that’s myself, she’s always been real with me and I’m always going to be real to her.”

(on his mother saying he needs to tone things down sometimes) “As a mother, your first concern is what you read and she reads a lot and she’s all about football. She was all about football before I even entered the game, so it definitely concerns her hearing things. Antrel reminds me of this player or he needs to shut up or he’s a distraction to their team, and she knows I’m not that kind of guy so for her to hear that as a mother naturally it’s going to draw some concerns and it did for me as well, but I can’t really pay attention to that. I can hear it and I can feel it and it does bother me, but like I said, my only concern is for the better of this team. So, if you ask guys in our locker room they’ll tell you Antrel doesn’t say much. I don’t say much and nothing I say is ever premeditated, but what I say is what I feel deep and it’s something I think should have been displayed. You know, whether it should have been displayed to the media or not, I can’t say that, but I think every song has its chorus. It can be in the locker room it can be individually, it can be personal, and it can be as broad as some of my statements have been, but I don’t take any of it back. I’m not a guy who has any regrets. I can only learn from things and get better from them, but I can’t take anything I’ve said back.”

(on if he is going to change the way he acts in the media) “I don’t think I can change. I don’t think I can change and I don’t even know if I want to change. Like I said, I can only be smarter about the things or maybe the situations I’m being put in and how it may come off or when it may come off, but never ever have I said anything or spoken out of anger. I’m not that kind of guy, I’m not a hot-headed guy and that’s what I felt. I felt that this team was a great football team, but we were missing something and I still don’t know what that something is, but it’s irrelevant at this point.”

(on if his competitive drive is a reason he comes off a certain way in the media) “I’m extremely competitive. I’m extremely competitive and I like going against the best components each and every week and that’s how I’ve always been, that’s the way I was raised and I try to get the better out of myself. It all starts with me and when I look in the mirror if I’m satisfied it all starts there, but if I’m not satisfied in myself and I find ways to make myself better and get myself better to be a player for this team, I think that’s how it all kind of snow-ball effect and that’s really comforting.”

(on if there’s anything about the Super Bowl three years ago that haunts him) “I mean, I think that game just definitely has played out its course. God always has a plan and I never question God’s plan and I never question his judgment, you know, just the way things tend to happen in that game, you have Harrison’s interception, you have the crazy catch from
Santonio and they were just meant to win that game. We fought extremely hard, but unfortunately we caught the short end of the stick and I’ve been praying each and every day and not only about football but about life in general and hopefully we have a better outcome come this Sunday.”

(on Tom Brady saying he didn’t play as well as he would have liked in their last game) “It doesn’t matter. It really doesn’t matter to us, Brady is going to go out there and be Brady and we’re expecting to see the best Brady possible and we’re going to go out there and be the best Giants defense possible.”

(on if he would put the Philadelphia Eagles fans in the category of the toughest fans) “I don’t know. A lot of people say that and I hear it a lot, but I’m the kind of guy that I don’t really pay attention to the fans or what’s going on outside of the actual game so, I might be a little biased in saying I really don’t know.”

(on the worst thing he’s heard from Eagle’s fans) “Like I said, I really don’t pay attention to it. I really don’t pay attention to it at all. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard some tapes and some crazy things in my past, but I can’t recall any of them.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario