miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - SAFETY JAMES IHEDIGBO - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Saturday, January 31, 2012

(on players being able to flourish with the Patriots) “It’s a philosophy of this organization that stems from Mr. (Robert) Kraft down to (Head Coach) Bill (Belichick) down to the rest of the team. It’s the philosophy of the organization, what’s expected of you as a player and what’s expected of you as a team, and that’s what kind of flows through.”

(on finding a good situation with the Patriots) “It’s part of the business. Some situations don’t work out, but other situations do. I understand that, and I’m definitely happy for our success.”

(on becoming an every-down player for the Patriots) “Each team is different, and I’m glad for the opportunity that Coach Belichick has given me. He told me when I got here that, ‘You’d be given an opportunity, and what you do with that opportunity will determine more opportunities for you.’ So, I’ve just really tried to seize it and do everything that I can to help us be successful, and as that role has increased, I’ve just run with it.”

(on what it means for DE Shaun Ellis to be playing in the Super Bowl) “I’m so happy for him. It’s overwhelming when you play this game for that long and you have limited success in terms of playoffs and getting to the Super Bowl, and now you’re here. It’s amazing. I’m really happy for him.”

(on if he has a sense of vindication after being released from the Jets) “We’re totally focused on the New England Patriots and our success as a team, how hard we’ve worked to get to this point and really soaking in the moment, enjoying it and knowing that we’ve got to get back to work and finish this thing off.”

(on what concerns him most about the Giants) “Their big-play capability. They have guys that are dangerous with run-after-the-catch ability and being able to take a slant and take it 80 yards for a touchdown and break tackles. Eli’s (Manning) playing phenomenal football at this point, and they’re dangerous too. We’ll prepare, and we will be prepared to deal with them come Sunday.”

(on whether he knew much about Victor Cruz before the NFL) “I did. I played with him in college. He’s one of many guys on that team that have big-play capability. We understand that as a defense, and that’s what we’re focused on. He’s played great. He had a big game against Texas Tech a few years back. He’s a great football player.”

(on hosting Giants WR Victor Cruz on his recruiting trip to the University of Massachusetts) “It was so long ago, I don’t really remember, but I’m just enjoying the moment. I’m glad that I’m here. I’m glad that our team has worked to get to this point, and it’s all about being successful on Sunday.”

(on if he received any well-wishing text messages from any of his former Jets’ teammates) “We don’t really talk as much. It’s part of it. I mean these are my brothers here, and these are my teammates. You kind of spend more time with these guys than you do with your own family. New bonds are created, and you just enjoy it.”

(on the Nigerian presence in the NFL) “It’s the athleticism, guys that are big guys that are able to play versatile positions and do more and be athletic and play great football. It’s awesome, and I’m definitely honored to be one of the many Nigerians in the National Football League.”

(on the Giants’ Nigerian players) “They’re great football players, Prince (Amukamara) and Osi (Umenyiora). They play amazing.”

(on Giants defensive end Osi Unemyiora) “He’s a phenomenal player. We’ll have to see come Sunday. He’s definitely a great pass-rusher, a great athlete, and we’ll see come Sunday.”

(on Super Bowl week) “It’s great. It’s great to be a part of it. We’ve worked hard to get to this point, but we still have more work to do. The job’s not done. We’ll enjoy today and get back to preparation tomorrow.”

(on if he is surprised by Bill Belichick’s looseness with the media so far this week) “No, not at all. He’s a confident coach, and he knows the players we have in this locker room He knows how hard we’ve been working and will continue to work to be successful.”

(on the focus of the team) “I wouldn’t say relaxed and loose. We’re enjoying the moment, but we’re still—our preparation is everything. We understand that, and we’re going to prepare hard, and we’re going to be ready to go come Sunday.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario