miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA DAY - CORNERBACK PRINCE AMUKAMARA - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on advancing to the Super Bowl during his rookie campaign) “It’s amazing. I always tell people, ‘It had to happen to some rookie, so why not me?’ It’s definitely great. I’m soaking everything in and trying to make the most of it.”

(on playing Sunday in front of a worldwide audience) “It’s every kid’s dream when you grow up playing football. It’s the biggest stage in sports and the biggest stage in football.”

(on his emotions when he runs out of the tunnel before the game) “On the first kickoff, there will be a lot of light bulb flashes. But once that ball is kicked and you get that first hit, those feelings go away.”

(on the role that religious faith plays in his life) “It’s huge. It definitely keeps me calm and composed and not shaken.”

(on being drafted by the New York Giants) “Draft day was definitely frustrating. At first, I wasn’t buying into the mock draft boards. But I’m glad I came to this team and I love the New York Giants organization and what they stand for. It’s been working out well so far.”

(on being injured during his rookie season) “(Being hurt) definitely was not the way I wanted to start my rookie year, but it happens. Learning from Coach (Tom) Coughlin, you look to keep going…it’s definitely stressful but I just have to keep working hard on the field during practice. We have great, great defensive backs. And if it’s not broken, why fix it? I’m looking forward to competing for playing time next season.”

(on his family’s strong ethnic heritage) “I’m definitely proud of where I came from and where my parents came from, which is Nigeria. They just got back from there and I’m looking forward to visiting there very soon.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario