lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS - LB CHASE BLACKBURN - Ingles

(on changing playing style late in the game) “We switched up coverage a little bit. Obviously, we played some where Jacquian (Williams) came in as the nickel person in the package he went deep, went to the middle post. We moved him around a little bit and tried to give some different looks.”

(on game-changing interception) “They got us into a check. I’d had him three vertical the whole way. I had to carry Rob Gronkowski and I heard the crowd go wild a little bit and I thought we had a sack. I continued to see “Gronk” go up the field and just tried to stay with him. I saw him look back so I looked back for the ball. When I spotted it, I tried to block out and go up for a rebound like in basketball – tried to eye-point it.”

(on Rob Gronkowski’s play) “He played pretty well. He played a lot of plays, a lot of snaps. He continued to work. That’s what a fighter is going to do – he’s not going to sit there on the sidelines.”

(on feeling redemption after Aaron Hernandez’s touchdown) “Definitely. I was beat on it. I played bad technique. He ran a good route and I let our team down on that play. Obviously, I was happy to make it up a little bit with the interception, but it wouldn’t mean anything if we didn’t win the game. Thank you, Lord, we won the game.”

(on Eli Manning’s play in the final possession) “Obviously we always have confidence in Eli (Manning) to do the job. We trust him. Obviously, the offensive line has to block for him, receivers have to catch the ball and we ran the ball well down at the end of the game when we need to run the clock out. Obviously, we let them score there at the end. Do you kneel it, or, do you kick the field goal? What do you do? Fortunately, it worked out either way, and we won the game.”

(on his interception) “I knew it was a long way. He stopped and then ran a little stick nod route on me. He stopped for a second and that’s when I’m guessing Brady was wrapped up a little bit and got out of it. I figured once he took off it was going to come deep. Brady likes to throw it down the field.”

(on reading the coverage prior to his interception) “Exactly. I stopped with him. I was thinking it was a sack for a second – as soon as he started going, I saw him go vertical. I knew I had to run and catch up with him.”

(on his overall play) “I can’t say I’m the fastest linebacker in the league. I just thank my teammates for doing their job.”

(on feelings when Brady has time in the pocket) “It happens sometimes. Most of the time, our defensive line does a great job of pressuring without bringing the blitz. At times, they’re going to match protected and they’re going to get guys blocked and he’s going to have a little bit of time to throw the ball. We just had to cover. We covered at points and then we let some things go, but we worked in harmony enough to win the game.”

(on defensive approach to their tight ends) “Just to switch-up.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario