miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS PRESS CONFERENCE - OFFENSIVE TACKLE DAVID DIEHL - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on facing the Patriots once again in the Super Bowl) “You’re talking about a completely different football team that has less than 15 guys on the roster from the last game. You can compare more to the game that we played this season more than you can Super Bowl XLII. At this point in the year I think the New England Patriots are a better football team than we played this season, but I also think we’re a better football team than we were at that point in the year. We’re excited to be here and get back to work today because this is a business trip for us. All this stuff is great, but none of it is worth it if you don’t go out and play your best football.”

(on the turning point in the season) “I think we always believed in one another and knew that we had the talent in the room. The real turning point for our football team was sitting there at 7-7 with two games left in the season and controlling your own destiny. When your back is up against the wall, when people on the outside looking in say there is no opportunity, that there is no chance, we really rallied together as a football team.”

(on the Patriots defensive front) “I think No. 1, people get so wrapped up in numbers, people get so caught up in those things but I think their front is playing the best that they’ve played all year. Vince (Wilfork) is a guy who doesn’t leave the field right now, and he’s playing his best football I think I’ve seen him play in his whole career. People look at these guys and they think they’re so big and heavy that they’re just slugs and they’re not moving but they apply pressure to the quarterback, they can penetrate gaps, and they can control two offensive linemen and the linebackers run free to make plays. I think that they’ve become a better unit, they create turnovers and I think the way they play their best is with those big guys in the middle, they’ve got (Rob) Ninkovich and (Mark) Anderson on the outside that want to get upfield and get Eli (Manning) to step up and that’s where those big guys press the pocket. So going into this one, I know we’ve got our work cut out for us. They are a very, very good group but we believe in one another, we believe in our game plan going into this one and I think we’re up to the challenge.”


(on offensive lineman Chris Snee) “It starts with Chris when you’re talking about a true professional. The way that he approaches the game breaking down film, and being an offensive lineman it’s about being tough and gritty and he’s a guy that will play through injuries and do what he has to do. He’s a guy that you are going to have to drag off the football field, and I think that’s the blue collar mentality that we have as an offensive line. We know that in order for us to have a good offense we have to be the strength, and I think as the season has progressed we’ve continued to fight and fight and fight and we’re playing our best football.”

(on playing in Indianapolis) “It’s nice to be back in the Midwest, growing up in Chicago, playing at (the University of) Illinois, it does mean a lot. It means my family can all come to the game; they can come support me like they have since I was a little kid running around Chicago playing sports. Those were the people that loved me and supported me long before I was an NFL football player, or a left tackle in the Super Bowl.”

(on why the Giants are better now than they were early in the season) “We’re a battle-tested group. When our backs were against the wall, and the only thing we could do was come out swinging and go back to work I think we did that as a team. You’ve seen the progress that we’ve made, but most importantly I think you’ve seen a team come together even stronger. It’s not just offense or defense winning games, its special teams contributing, and I think you’ve seen the excitement of all of us on the sidelines. That’s how we’ve been winning football games.”

(on the keys to finishing the season strong) “Getting guys back, getting guys healthy at the right time is always a huge thing in the NFL, but this game is so much about attitude and your mental belief in one another. Most importantly, it is the business like attitude that we’ve been taking.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario