miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA SESSION - GUARD CHRIS SNEE - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on Eli Manning’s evolution as a quarterback) “I think, just like any player, you learn from mistakes each year. You break down yourself: What did I do wrong? What can I get better at? I’m sure that’s what he does in depth. He watches a lot of film and he is extremely competitive, so I’m sure he’s harder on himself than anyone else. I’m sure at the end of this year he’ll go back and take notes on what he needs to fix.”

(on expecting Eli to be “elite” from the beginning of his career) “Well I think when you’re a quarterback that’s the role that most assume you should be. He has been that leader from the moment he started. I never questioned his leadership. I think he has been an outstanding leader since day one.”

(on the first time he met Eli) “We got drafted the same year so it was our rookie minicamp. It was a brief introduction and meeting. I was very quiet back then and we were both rookies trying to learn our way around. It was brief.”

(on Bill Belichick saying Snee played well in Super Bowl XLII ) “I approach it as another game. I don’t really feel like I played an exceptional game. Then again, I’m very hard on myself, but it is a compliment to take from him.”

(on the Patriots blitzing a lot in Super Bowl XLII and what they will do this game) “That’s the thing, we don’t know. You never know what’s going on up there. I’m sure they will take notice as to what’s working against us these past two weeks, and what has gotten pressure on Eli. I’m sure it will surface again in this game.”

(on how the Patriots compare to teams the Giants played in the playoffs) “I think right now they are playing as well as any team. They have won 10 games in a row coming into this game so they are playing well. Their defense has taken a lot of hits but they are playing some really good football right now. It will be a tough challenge for us to put points on the board but we are going to have to because we know how explosive they are on offense. “

(on the comparison of the Giants regular season and playoff defense and which)will show up) “The playoff one. They have done a good job with not giving up points throughout the year. They were kind of middle of the pack in that. They know how to stop you when you get down there. You have to go off the playoff intensity and atmosphere. So you go off the most recent (performance).”


(on what winning the Super Bowl would mean) “We all have our role as a team so it would be special to get this win. Period. To share it with guys that have put a lot of hard work in would be amazing.”

(on if he liked the Patriots while at Boston College) “The Patriots? No. I was a Bears fan growing up. I liked (Mike) Singletary for a while. Neil Anderson, who was a running back, and then towards the end of my high school career I liked (Brian) Urlacher. I saw him in the preseason. I have seen him quite a few times throughout my career.”

(on how he approaches being a guard in the NFL) “You rely on your instincts when you get to the game. That’s why you watch all the film. That’s why you practice. When it comes to game time you just let your instincts take over.

(on what position he wanted to play in college) “I wanted to play offense. A lot of the colleges wanted me for defense. Even when I got to BC, there were discussions going on about where I would play.

(on where he got his drive to play) “My father didn’t play football but my parents work extremely hard and my dad puts in a lot for (work) hours. My mom has a full time job and she would come home and take care of four kids and that was not easy. I get my work ethic from them. I’ve always been a competitive person. I’m from an area where everyone would kind of laugh and think it was not possible to get here (to the Super Bowl).”

(on his hometown rooting for the giants) “I have felt (support) throughout my career. In college I got more and more people supporting me and when I got drafted the whole town became Giants fans. It has been fun. I love going home. I love telling them all the stories.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario