jueves, 2 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - TIGHT END AARON HERNANDEZ - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Thursday, February 2, 2012

(on how much of a loss it would be to the offense if TE Rob Gronkowski can’t play) “Obviously, our team would take a toll on him not playing, but we have a lot of great players on this team. That’s the reason we’re here today. Yeah, it would take away a huge weapon and a big part of this game, but I feel like we have so many players on this team that everyone is smart enough and knows that it would be time to step up and carry that rifle on their shoulder. I think he’ll be fine and I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that.”

(on if he wonders every day if Gronkowski will practice) “I’m not even asking if he’s practicing. I’m wondering if he’s playing on Sunday.”

(on the relationship he and Gronkowski have with tight ends coach Brian Ferentz) “He’s a great guy. One thing he really knows how to do is he knows how to coach certain players. A lot of players are different. They all can’t be coached the same. A lot of people learn differently. He recognizes how people learn and how they like to be coached. He knows how to do that. He keeps us both focused and he also brings that excitement in the room, so we can have fun. It’s not always just serious and that’s why our room is so close.”

(on if someone needs to play tight end to coach tight ends) “Not necessarily because most of the coaches in this League probably didn’t play any of the positions that they coached. Like Bill Belichick, he’s the head coach of a team and he probably didn’t play too many positions.”

(on why he does the touchdown dance that he does) “Honestly, I don’t know. I like to have fun. I did it once and then people started to like it, so I just kept doing it. I like it and I’ll probably keep doing it.”

(on if he’s going to come up with a new dance for the Super Bowl) “I might have a little something to do before I make it rain.”

(on representing the Hispanic community by playing in the Super Bowl) “My family’s huge on that and they make it known. They’re Puerto Rican and they’re the type of family that has that Puerto Rican flag in the car. I’m proud to be Hispanic and I’m proud to be Puerto Rican.”

(on if there’s more pressure on him with Gronkowski not at full health) “I’d say it puts pressure on everybody. If you come to a Super Bowl and you’re not thinking you got to step up your game in the first place, then you’re probably not ready to play. I feel like everyone is ready to step up and we’ll be prepared with or without Rob. Obviously, it will be a tougher game without him.”

(on what he remembers of the Hispanic culture growing up) “The music has all got the same beat. I used to get sick of it because my father and them used to play it so much. All the Spanish parties, they would play the congas and everything. Also, we had the big ol’ pot of rice and beans on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I love my family. I love Puerto Rico, the way I was raised and I love the food.”


(on him and WR Victor Cruz being two Puerto Rican offensive players going against each other in the Super Bowl) “I feel blessed, first of all, just to be in the game and knowing that there’s not that many Hispanics in the game that are successful. It feels good to know I’m doing something for Hispanics and hopefully some Hispanics look up to me.”

(on what he can tell kids that want to emulate him) “I’d say you just got to work hard in life. You got to set your goals high and you got to have something to work for and look forward to. If you just have your normal base goals, then what are you really striving for? If you have goals and you have people you look up to, you can work hard, strive and something to work for instead of just going through every day as a normal day.”

(on possibly being the first Puerto Rican to be named Super Bowl MVP) “That would be great, but I want that ring.”

(on Head Coach Bill Belichick saying things need to be tightened up in practice) “Yeah, going into every game, until the day before the game, you’re going to be making little corrections here and there, little twists and turns. I felt like practice went well. We’ve been practicing pretty well and we’ll be alright on Sunday.”

(on if the team has made changes to adjust to the Giants’ defense) “Yeah, you make changes every game. You make changes in the middle of the game. We’ve got great coaches who know how to adjust and I’m sure they’ll have us prepared and ready to go.”

(on if the team has a game plan for if Rob Gronkowski is not ready to play) “Everybody else will just have to step up, but I’m sure he’ll be fine to play.”

(on what he thinks about all the nicknames he’s been called) “Gronk likes the Boston Tea Party, but I don’t care. As long as we keep doing work on the field and keep performing and keep getting to these championship games, that’s really all I care about. The nicknames are kind of cool. It brings a little, I don’t know, swagger to it.”

(on competing with Gronkowski before the NFL) “In high school, we just knew about each other because we used to be rivals. We both wanted to be the number one tight end in the nation. We were always competing for that, it was always him, me, him, me. Then going into college, we were competing for that Freshman All-American and he ended up getting that. Then, obviously we came to the same team here.”

(on what it was like when he first met Gronkowski) “I didn’t know if I was supposed to be his friend because I’m competing against him. Should I talk to him? Should I not talk to him? Once I realized we both have outgoing personalities and we both have a good sense of humor, we actually bonded pretty well. Now we’re working together and we love each other.”

(on how he met Gronkowski at the Combine) “I think we just kind of bumped into each other.”

(on if he anticipates nerves on Sunday) “Yeah, if you don’t get butterflies and a little anxiety for this game, then you probably shouldn’t be playing in this game.”

(on how he will handle the nerves on Sunday) “This is what we do. All of us have been playing football our whole life. It’s not like it’s something new to us. It’s another game. Everything looks way more crazy on TV, but really when you’re out there on the field, there’s just two teams, you against the opponent and it’s a regular game.”

(on if Gronkowski’s injury has affected his week of preparation) “I don’t think so. We’ll still have the same game plan and if Rob isn’t okay to play, then obviously everyone else will have to step up. I feel like I said all day, I think he’ll be ready to play.”

(on if he’s getting all the balls in practice) “No, it’s getting spread around.”

(on if he’s tired of hearing about Gronkowski’s injury) “I don’t think so. I’m sure he’ll be fine. I was expecting these questions because when probably the top player on your team besides Tom Brady is injured, it is a big thing.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario