jueves, 2 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - TIGHT END ROB GRONKOWSKI - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI –Thursday, February 2, 2012

(on if he is surprised by the amount of attention his ankle is receiving) “Yes, definitely. It’s a lot. You just have to be able to focus on preparation, practice and training for the Giants.”

(on if he came close to practicing yesterday) “It was whatever the trainers had me do. Obviously, it wasn’t practice. I wasn’t out there yesterday. It’s just improving every day and it did so a little more yesterday. It’s moving in a positive stride and getting to where I need to get to.”

(on if he will play on Sunday) “We’re just day-by-day right now. I want to be out there. I’m anxious to be out there. My goal is to be out there and do everything I can. I want to put myself in the best situation, so when it comes to Sunday I will be in the best situation to play.”

(on how anxious he is) “Every day is an inch closer to game day. This is wild. This is a dream come true that we’re going to play in the Super Bowl. We all got here together, we worked hard. It’s going to be a lot of fun when it comes to it.”

(on his preparation while not practicing) “You have to do everything you possibly can if you’re not practicing. You have to take mental reps, visualize, film work, learning the plays. You have to do everything possible if you’re not practicing.”

(on his meetings with the trainer and how he will wrap his ankle) “We have a couple of options to explore. I’m not even sure I’m going to wear anything. I’m taping it and testing things out every day to see how I feel. We just talk about it. We’re going to figure it out.”

(on how badly he wants to get on the field) “It’s the Super Bowl. I’m doing everything I can possibly do to be out there. I want to be out there no matter what. I want to help out the team. I am doing everything possible to be out there, and we’ll just see on Sunday. I will try to go as much as possible.”


(on how frustrating it is dealing with his ankle) “There is definitely frustration. It is what it is right now. You just have to put that in the back of your mind and just focus on what you need to focus on. I’m not really worried about it. I’m just worried about the things I can control. I’ve been getting healthier every day. I’m just listening to the coaches, doing the mental reps and studying up film on the Giants. It’s just things that I can control. You have to keep on doing what you can do to improve every day.”

(on the amount of time he spends treating his ankle) “Basically - besides media, film and bed - I’m trying to get better every day. I’m working to get stronger and where I need to get to. It’s basically all day. I’m just trying to get better every day.”

(on if him playing will come down to how much pain he can tolerate) “No. That is my decision. I know how much pain I can tolerate.”

(on if he or the trainer makes the final call) “I will make the final call. I listen to the trainer’s advice, but it’s how I feel. I’m just trying to get better. The trainer has helped me get to a place where I need to be.”

(on if it hurts his team if he tries to play through the pain) “It’s hard. Right now, I’m just going into it day-by-day to get healthy. When it comes to game time, it will be a whole lot different. It’s the Super Bowl. The adrenaline rush will be going wild. It will be crazy. It’s going to be a huge atmosphere and you aren’t sure how it will feel on that day. That’s why we are just day-by-day. You never know. I can wake up tomorrow 100 percent and be good - that happens. You can wake up one day and feel great. You just never know. When it comes to Sunday, I hope I’m feeling great.”

(on if the coaching staff told him that if he doesn’t practice by a certain day, he won’t play) “No. They just tell me to take it day-by-day. I’m not worried about tomorrow when we have a big obstacle ahead of us today. We have to get better and get stronger. That’s why we aren’t worried about our practice tomorrow because we have a whole day today to get better.”

(on his progression) “It’s going good. I’m getting better every day. I’m feeling good today, better than I did yesterday. That’s what you have to do. So far, we have had no setbacks and we are just moving forward every day.”

(on if he has been able to enjoy the whole process) “Yes, I’ve definitely been able to enjoy it. It’s coming here with your teammates, hanging out with them this week, being able to go out with my brother – he lives out here. I can see him and catch up with my family. I’ve been spending time with coaches for possibly the last time as well. It’s just cool to come out here and have a blast with everyone. I’m having a good time.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario