miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA SESSION - QUARTERBACK DAVID CARR - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on playing in the Super Bowl after the early difficulties in his career) “I’m definitely blessed. I’m grateful for all of the experiences that I have had. Obviously, I would have liked it to have it gone differently, but we were fighting an uphill battle in Houston for the most part. I am happy to be where I’m at.”

(on if the media at the Super Bowl reminds him of the NFL draft) “It’s a lot of the same things that are kind of going on now as far as the media hype that is going on around the Super Bowl. It’s very similar to the draft, so I am trying to correlate it to that a little bit.”

(on his role with the Giants) “I enjoy my time here. The coaching staff and the players have been very friendly to me. The biggest thing is they have believed in me since the day I showed up here, and that was four years ago. I can’t be happier. I’m obviously blessed. Most teams have a younger quarterback that will kind of do the scout look or give the defense a look. I found early on when they asked me to do it that I would kind of alternate reps with the young quarterbacks that were here. When I was here earlier it was Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar and now it’s to the point where we carried two quarterbacks this whole year. I guess that they felt that I prepare the team pretty well. I try to beat them up. I try to light up our defense every chance I get. I’m always talking trash to Corey Webster and (Justin) Tuck and all of those guys because I want to make it as hard as possible on them during the week so then when they get to game day hopefully it’s easy. I’m in constant communication with (defensive coordinator) Perry (Fewell), just telling him things that I see and that can be improved on. He is very open to it, which is something that I think is tough for a coach to listen to a player. A lot of coaches, I know this comes as a surprise, but they have big egos, but he doesn’t. He does a great job of listening and he takes it to the field and takes it to those guys and I think they respond well. They have played great this year. Sometimes I find myself more interested in watching the defense just because of the work that we put in during the week versus when our offense is on the field.”

(on learning how to ‘trash talk’) “I have a lot of experience in being trashed talked to, so I know exactly what gets guys going and how to push their buttons. It’s fun, too, because you gain some confidence and you understand your role and what you can do in this league. Just being here with the New York Giants has been great for my career. I feel really confident when I’m here playing with these guys, so that helps in the trash talking area.”

(on being only ‘one play away’ from playing in the Super Bowl) “That’s really the role that you have to take. Your mental process has to be the same and I go into every week thinking that. It helps that I have started 100 games in this league, that I know how to prepare as a starter. I know how to get ready for a game. Becoming a backup here, it wasn’t anything that I wanted to change where I don’t prepare as hard or I don’t do certain things because you never know when your number is going to be called. It would be unfortunate to have your number called, especially on a team like this, if you weren’t ready to play. I make sure that I am super prepared, super ready to play. I get as many reps as I can in practice. I get as many throws as I can. If my number is called, yeah, I’m definitely ready. Especially on this team, it makes it a whole lot easier.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario