miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA SESSION - DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR PERRY FEWELL - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on being a defensive coordinator in New York) “It’s a challenge every day, but I love living in New York City. I go to the office and work every day, but as long as my family is happy, I’m happy.”

(on how different the game will be if TE Rob Gronkowski plays) “Very different. The speculation of if he will or if he won’t, that’s very difficult, because you can only use study. He’s been in every football game they’ve played this year so what do they do without him. It’s a difficult thing.”

(on if he was fearful of losing his job during the season) “Not at all. I go back to faith. My faith is in my family and in myself and in football. Actually, I really didn’t know, because I was so focused on how to make our football team better. As I told you in Buffalo, I like puzzles. I like puzzles and I knew I could figure it out. Once we figured it out and I knew we could make a run and we could do well. So, not at all.”

(on how he figured out the Giants defense) “Getting some guys back. When we played some of the young guys I found out what they could do and what they couldn’t do and what was not successful. I just said ‘hey, let’s put these pieces back and let’s see if we can make these pieces work the way I think they can work.’ and it happened.”

(on advice on being in a market like New York) “Not necessarily New York. When I first broke into the league I was in Jacksonville and I just listened and learned through the years with him in Jacksonville. When it came to being exposed to a bigger market, I just reflected on those lessons I learned in Jacksonville.”


(on what he learned in Jacksonville) I really never read the paper. I don’t really read the internet. I don’t listen to the outside influences. I focus on the job that I have to do, because that’s the only way that I can do the best at the job I’m currently doing. I believe in what we do and how we do it.”

(on blocking out the media) “My wife, she does a good job of letting me know what’s important and what’s not important. I really go into bunker during the season. Friends don’t really have the access to tell me what’s going on. My wife, if she tells me, she’ll say it in passing, but she doesn’t really harp on it. Really, I don’t want to hear it, so I just go into a bunker.”

(on the effect winning Sunday will have on his career) “I think it gives me more marketability in the future. Now I have the experience of coaching in the Super Bowl, knowing what the preparation is like for a Super Bowl week, because it does change. I think that adds value to what I can do.”

(on if he can be viewed as more than just a defensive mind) “I would like to think so, because you have to know offense in order to coach defense. I really believe the people you go against in this league or offensive coordinators, or the people that you play against, you have great respect for what they do. You should know if presented the opportunity to be a head coach who you would like to be your offensive coordinator based on what they did to you.”

(on his input on offense) “I think I have a lot of input on how an offense should work. I coached offense in college in order to learn defense. That was my goal when I entered the coaching profession. I started out coaching wide receivers, running backs, offensive lines, because I wanted to know how that thing thought, breathed and slept. So, I had an offensive background to learn defense.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario