jueves, 2 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - WIDE RECEIVER WES WELKER - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Thursday, February 2, 2012

(on if this game is an opportunity for him to raise his profile as a player) “I don’t think I am really worried about that too much. I just try to go out there and do my job to the best of my ability. I really just focus on whatever I have to do to help the team win the game. I think that is the key thing.”

(on what makes Bill Belichick so special in a week like this) “He pays a lot of attention to detail. He does a great job of really going through all of the games and making sure that we are on top of everything that we need to do, and preparing us how we need to.”

(on if Bill Belichick is different with the players than toward the media) “It’s pretty much the same with us. He is kind of like our boss in a way, so we listen to him, follow his lead and do the best we can out there.”

(on if a lot of teams worked him out when he was coming out of college) “There were some that came to my pro day. The Bears, I ended up going to visit them before the draft. I talked with them and stuff, but there wasn’t a lot of hype or interest going into it, not a lot anyways. There was some, but not too much.”

(on where he forecasted his career coming out of college) “At that time, I just wanted a job. I didn’t really have any big expectations. I really just wanted a job. I wanted to go out there and do the best I can to try to get that job.”

(on why the NFL Play 60 program is important to him) “I think it’s very important for kids to have a place to go and play, and do what they need to do to be physical and active and all of those things. It’s always a big thing for the NFL to get involved in those types of deals. ”

(on how he has developed such good chemistry with QB Tom Brady) “It just takes a lot of time and preparation, us working together and doing whatever we need to do to try and improve and get better. We are constantly working on that stuff on a daily basis.”

(on how long it took for him and QB Tom Brady to get on the same page) “Those things always take time. I feel like we are still working on it today, there is always room for improvement on different things we can do like that.”


(on what he attributes his increase in production this year to) “Just being older, wiser, working harder, understanding the offense better, being on the same page as Tom (Brady) more and just going out there and doing the best I can to get open and make plays for us.”

(on the patch for Myra Kraft) “Mrs. Kraft is obviously a big part of this organization. She was kind of the heart and soul of it. She was always the first one to hug and kiss you after games and tell you what a great job you did whether a win or a loss. What she stood for as far as volunteering and everything else, she really set a great example for us. It’s an honor for us to wear that patch out there.”

(on how his experience has helped him) “It’s reading plays better, taking care of your body better, understanding what it takes to get ready for games and mentally preparing yourself for that. It’s watching film, and understanding every little bit helps and all of the preparation that goes into that.”

(on one of the main things he has learned) “I think one of the main things is reading the safeties and knowing where they are. The safeties never lie in coverages. It’s being able to see them, and understanding what they are trying to do to you as far as where they are.”

(on QB Tom Brady being critical of his own play in the AFC Championship game) “I think we all have our games where we wish we had played better or whatever. He is very hard on himself and he continues to be. That is why he is so great.”

(on his ability to disguise his intentions in route running) “I don’t know if you can really disguise it. I think you go off and react to what they do. However they decide to play you, you attack it. A lot of it is reaction and being quick and in and out of breaks and doing different things to get open. ”

(on how you can make a defender not know where you are going) “You’ve got to make all of your routes almost look the same. Whenever you make them all look the same to a certain point, they aren’t sure which one you are running. You could be going in, out, straight up the field, faking a certain way or whatever. They really don’t know.”

(on if he ever reflects on how far he has come in his career) “Not really. I just try to focus on the here and now, and what I have to do now to get ready for a game. I don’t think you can really sit back and look back too much. You have just got to continue to get better, continue to try to learn and do what you can to try to help the team win.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario