lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - LB BRANDON SPIKES - Ingles

(on how he feels following a close loss) “Right now, words can’t even really express how I feel right now. It’s a letdown, and we’ve got to go to work next year and try to get better.”

(on what his head coach said in the locker room) “Just how it goes. The better team won today, and they made their plays and we didn’t. We had opportunities to make big plays when it counted, but we just couldn’t come up with it, so the better team won today.”

(on the late catch by Giants WR Mario Manningham) “It was a terrific catch. It was a good game, a championship game. He made a play and that’s what it’s about, making plays when it counts. My hat goes off to him. He’s a great receiver.”

(on whether the defense could have proved something by holding on to the lead) “Absolutely. I still feel like defense wins championships. We had our chances. We were right where we wanted to be as a defensive unit. I just feel like I let the guys down myself. There were a few plays I could have made myself and I was just a step late. It just hurts right now. Like I said, I can’t really sum it all up with words.”

(on the plays that he could have made) “I can just remember plays that I recognize and I was just a half-step late. That kills me, and obviously it will motivate me this offseason to get better and be ready to make those plays when I get the opportunity.”

(on the feeling walking off of the field) “Like I said before, I never dreamed this part of the game. A good team has to lose and that’s just how the game goes. Like I said, they played well and they beat us.”

(on whether it was hard to let the Giants score the final touchdown) “It killed me. When the call came in to let them score I kind of was like, ‘What?’ I’m here to do a job and it’s my job to play the defense and let them score. It was tough, though. It definitely was tough.”

(on whether they could have stopped the Giants without letting them score) “Yeah, you never know, but in that situation, that’s what we’re taught to do and what we had to do.”


(on what his offseason will be like) “Just work, just trying to get better. I’m going to make sure I let my teammates know to be grinding and getting better every day. I never want to feel like this again. This feels terrible. It’s a nightmare right now for me. I’m just at a loss of words right now.”

(on what this offseason will consist of) “Just grinding. There’s no easy way around it, just head first, jump right in. I’ll take a few weeks off and jump right in and just remember this moment, remember how it felt and just be motivated by it. You can’t look back. It is what it is, and I feel like me personally, everything happens for a reason. We got a few balls out; they recovered them. That’s just how it goes.”


(on whether he was surprised they weren’t able to recover three fumbles) “That’s the thing I’m talking about. We planned to put pressure on the ball and that was our whole gameplan. Like I said, it was just a step for us. They made plays and they were in the right spot. Like I said, my hat goes off to their team. They fought to the end and they deserved this one.”

(on whether there was confusion with 12 men on the field early in the game) “I don’t think so. We were just trying to get it from up top and see what personnel they were in. We fixed it after that. We were good. We had opportunities defensively to do what we wanted to do; we just couldn’t get it done.”

(on what the conversations in the locker room were like) “Most guys just felt like we let each other down. My thing is we fought until the end. I know that defensively we tried everything we could do. Like I said, they had some great players that made great plays when they needed it. That’s just how it goes. Like I said, they came to play today and they beat us.”

(on whether they can return to the Super Bowl next year) “Absolutely. We won’t have the same defensive unit; we know that. I’m pretty sure there are going to be some changes. There’s always changes in this business. We’re just going to go to work with what we have. Me personally, I think we have a young defense with a lot of talent, a lot of good guys, a lot of great friends and as long as we can just keep together and get better as a whole unit, I think the sky is the limit for us. I’m really looking forward to this offseason and getting with the teammates and trying to get all the little details that we missed and trying to correct them.”

(on what he is most proud of and most disappointed by) “I’m proud that my team fought until the end. We never game up and we played 60 minutes. That’s all I can ask for from my guys. As far as the disappointment, it’s the ‘L.’ Nobody wants to lose, but that’s just how it is in this game. Two good teams played today and a good team lost. I can’t take nothing away from those guys. Like I said, they made their plays. It was a good game.”

(on whether he has spoken to Robert Kraft and what was said) “I haven’t spoken with him yet. I just want to let him know that we’re going to be better. I feel like we’re going to be better, and I’m going to make sure to work my butt off in the offseason. I’m looking forward to it right now. I’m going to soak this all in, but with my family and my teammates, I’m pretty sure they are going to be there for support. I’m looking forward to this offseason.”

(on his first full offseason coming up) “I just feel like no matter what the situation is, I’m going to put my ten toes in head-first. I’m going to grind my butt off. It was a great experience to get here, and the way we lost, it just hurts. But like I said, I’m going to use this as motivation and try to keep developing as a professional player.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario