jueves, 2 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - WIDE RECEIVER JULIAN EDELMAN - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Thursday, February 2, 2012

(on downtime activities) “In our down time, we’re really just kind of resting this week. This is the biggest game. We know how much is on the table in this one.”

(on his favorite video games) “I don’t even play “Madden” that much. I’m a huge “Call of Duty” guy, “Modern Warfare”, go play with friends and talk to friends. I’m a huge fan of Xbox. I enjoy playing it on the occasion.”

(on the importance for an active lifestyle for kids) “It’s definitely great for kids to go out there and exercise and get outdoors. With the way the world is evolving with technology, everyone is getting away from stuff like that. Not only to burn calories but just to stay in shape and enjoy childhood outside. That’s something I did a lot growing up, climbing trees, making forts but it’s definitely very important for those guys.”

(on TE Aaron Hernandez) “Aaron is a huge part of our offense, first off. He’s a little different by the fact he’s very confident – in a good way. Something a lot of people don’t realize is how hard he prepares, how hard he works, how hard he prepares off the field mentally unlike a lot of other guys.”

(on TE Aaron Hernandez “make it rain” dance) “It’s his signature. I guess it’s his swag. He’s got his own little dance, he’s made it a little famous.”

(on pregame plans) “I haven’t thought about it. Literally, just thinking about today’s work, the assignments, the tasks, plays in every situation is really what is on my mind and trying to keep this week as normal as possibly just like any other week. That’s what I’m trying to do.”

(on the adrenaline rush before the game) “I’d lie if I said no. This is the biggest game on earth and you’re definitely going to be excited. I’m going to try to keep those emotions under control.”

(on his Jewish background) “It’s on my Father’s side so I’m not really a practicing Jew but I’m definitely keeping that in mind that it’s in my background.”


(on Kicker Stephen Gostkowski) “I don’t think he needs to be worried. Steve is a great kicker and I definitely couldn’t kick the ball like he could.”

(on the challenges of playing on the defensive side of the ball) “It’s ultimately a foreign thing for me, you’re doing everything backwards, from covering a guy to terminology on the defensive side of the ball. You have different terms. It’s like a different language from seeing things backwards on the track so it’s definitely been a good experience for the coaches and the players surrounding me as helped me out a bunch.”

(on the challenges from switching from quarterback) “It helps in a certain manner. It’s definitely a learning process and I’m still trying to learn.”

(on thoughts of the Giants’ wide receiving core) “They have a good wide receiving core. They have a quarterback who’s playing very well, a defense who is playing great and special teams that are making plays that are deciding games. This team is playing very well and we definitely have a challenge ahead of us.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario