miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA DAY DEFENSIVE BACK WILL BLACKMON - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on his surgery last year) “I’m good. I’m ready to rock. There was a situation last year, after having my surgery, my doctor said, ‘You’re probably not going to play this year.’ And I’m like, ‘Okay, cool.’ My trainer, he was furious. He just looked at me and said, ‘Whoa, why aren’t you pissed off? Why aren’t you mad that you’re not going to play this year.’ And I go, ‘It’s better than him saying I’m not going to play ever again.’ I’ll take that news for sure. That’s the way I look at it. As long as I have the chance, I’ll be cool.”

(on which rehab was harder, the first or second) “It’s hard. I don’t know. The first one was hard because I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know where my career was going to go. I didn’t know if I was going to be okay or not. I didn’t know if I was going to be the same, if I could make the same moves, the same cuts. The second one, I knew it was going to be a revision because I didn’t reinjure anything, it was just a revision. So I knew that I was going to get the proper time, I was going to be (in) one spot the entire time because we had the lockout. I had nowhere to go, I was a free agent. So the second one was easier for me because, not to mention, I just had a son. I was with my family the whole time, he was born in December 2010. His name is Ryder. I was home with him the whole time. We had the entire time.”

(on what it was like making the transition to the Giants) “I loved Green Bay to death, I wanted to be there forever. It was a great place, a great organization from the top down and outside. I just loved being there. I actually credit Green Bay a lot to why my wife and I got so close. When she moved in with me, it was just she and I. It was like we’re going to have to like each other and if we don’t – this is a good test. We have no family in the area. None of that. It happened to be great for us. All my best friends are there. I just got really close and comfortable there. To make a transition to New York, it was cool because I feel like in the NFL, everybody knows each other. All the guys are cool. I have friends on the team, all the Blackmons, my dad’s side, they’re all in Harlem, I’m a city boy.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario