miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - SAFETY PATRICK CHUNG - Ingles


Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on his podium being next to Tom Brady’s) “I know, right? This is crazy. It’s a crazy experience.”

(on whether being next to Tom Brady makes him feel unwanted) “No, not at all. We’re a team. We’re not worried about that stuff.”

(on being at the Super Bowl) “It’s crazy. It really is crazy, man. It’s a great experience. Guys don’t get to experience anything like this for years, so it’s a blessing to finally get to experience this.”

(on the New England secondary playing better later in the season) “Just playing together, being able to be with this same group for a number of games. Guys in the back end, we know we have to buckle down now. It’s a big game, and now it’s time to play with the most intensity we’ve ever played with.”

(on the defensive secondary as a whole) “We’re all one. We’re all brothers in there, like a family. Honestly, like a family. We hang out together, we talk crap together, everything is together. We do everything together. That’s why we’re so close.”

(on whether there’s a leader in the New England secondary) “We all feed off each other. It is a very young group. We feed off each other and we ask each other questions and go from there. There’s a bunch of leaders back there, a bunch of guys that know how to lead and make plays.”

(on the feeling in the locker room right now) “‘Like this.’ (smiling) It feels good. I can’t even explain it. It’s the big show. It’s time to dance.”

(on the difference between this team and the other Patriots teams he’s been on) “I can’t speak on that. This is our team, you know? These are new faces, new programs, so it’s about us right now.”

(on whether the secondary has taken the criticism personally and as a challenge) “I think anybody would take it as a challenge, you know? People talk, people say what they want to say, but hey, we’re winning games, we’re playing well and now we’re in the big game.”

(on his best skill as a player) “Me? Nah, it’s not about me. You tried to get me (laughing). I’m just playing football. I love being with my teammates. I love being with my family.”

(on what he takes pride in as a player) “Honestly, it’s not even on the field. Just off the field, being a good person. I’m very humble and down to earth. I’m totally different when I’m on the field and off the field. Just being cool with everybody, being a good guy and being down to earth.”

(on Julian Edelman playing on both sides of the ball at CB and WR) “I like Julian. He’s a beast. He has that mentality, that beast mode in him. He’s tough, he’s fast, he’s physical. I have no worries about Julian. He’s good.”

(on whether he was surprised when WR Julian Edelman started playing CB) “No. I have faith in Julian. Julian, (Matthew) Slater, I have faith in both of those guys. If coach (Bill Belichick) puts you at a position, you’re ready to play.”

(on whether he was aware of how HC Bill Belichick used to use WR Troy Brown on defense) “The best guys play. If he wants you to play somewhere, you’re going to play there and play to the best of your ability.”

(on the Giants receivers saying they can exploit WR/CB Edelman) “I’m not going to comment on that. We’ve got a couple days, so we’ll be all right.”

(on whether Edelman is a weak link) “Not at all. I think he’s good. If you put him there, he’s going to play well. I have full faith in Julian, 100 percent.

(on whether he played receiver) “In high school. Never since.”

(on if he could imagine playing receiver at this level) “If coach put me there, I would have to play it. That’s the kind of mentality we have here. If coach needs you somewhere and needs you to perform, you’re going to perform at a high level.”

(on being on the field right now preparing for the Super Bowl) “This feels good, man. It feels good. As the week goes along, it’s going to get more intense, but right now I’m enjoying it. We’re enjoying it, having fun and everything’s good.”

(on whether it’s better to be in Indianapolis as opposed to a warm-weather city because there are fewer distractions) “It is what it is. Whether it’s cold, hot, muggy, humid, you’ve got to play the game.”

(on whether he’s OK with this weather) “It’s the last game. You’re going to have to be OK with any weather.”

(on letting fans into Media Day) “This is crazy, man. It’s crazy. I’ve never seen anything like this ever. I’m soaking it all up. I’m enjoying every moment.”

(on whether he’s talked to his teammates who have played in Super Bowls on what to expect) “No. I kind of want to see it and just react and see everything for the first time, you know? I told them yesterday, ‘Don’t tell me anything.’ Now I see, man. It’s crazy. I love it. It’s good stuff.”

(on whether today is not about football) “Right now, it’s about enjoying the moment, man. We have a whole week to get football done. Enjoy the moment, have fun and just soak it all up.”

(on whether he thinks the fans in Indianapolis will boo the Patriots) “That’s a good question. They’ve welcomed us here. Shout out to the Indy fans – we appreciate all the hospitality. Thank you for letting us use the facility.”

(on whether he thinks the fan support will be equal on Sunday) “It doesn’t matter, man. We’re here to play a game.”

(on how the Patriots defense keeps teams from scoring a lot of points despite allowing a lot of yards) “Red area (red zone defense). If they don’t score, they can’t win. You can drive the field, but if you don’t score you can’t win. We’ve got that bend but don’t break mentality. That’s the main thing. If they don’t score, they don’t win. That’s it.”

(on how he is health wise after missing time this season) “It’s the last game, man. Everybody’s healthy.”

(on how he has adjusted to the changes in how the game is played) “It’s kind of hard to answer. You just have to play. Once you start thinking about different rules, then you’re not going to play to your full potential. You just have to play and hopefully don’t hit anyone illegally, but you just have to see how it plays out. You try to avoid it as much as possible, but once it’s gametime, you just have to play the game.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario