miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - DEFENSIVE TACKLE GERARD WARREN - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on how he liked playing for the Browns) “I loved the city of Cleveland, part of my heart is still in Cleveland. I liked the people, the atmosphere, the diehard fans, I just wanted to win for those fans.”

(on pressure of being a high draft pick) “I didn’t feel the pressure to perform. I felt the hindrance of the people that allowed me to perform to my best abilities. To do the things that I do well on the field they (Browns) brought me in to play my style of football, fit handcuffs on me and slow my game down, people wanted to turn around and say it was me, why we weren’t winning.”

(on how his life is different now as a veteran) “As a man off the field it’s a journey still, on the field, it’s always like in high school. Basic fundamentals and technique will take you everywhere you need to be in the game of football.”

(on life off the field) “Not married, no children. I’m loving it (life). I devote a lot of time back to the kids in my hometown, Pop Warner football and doing things over the summer with the youth association, so that’s my life.”

(on how Belichick was perceived by Browns fans) “He was misunderstood, similar to how I feel. Just misunderstood.”

(on why Belichick is successful) “He’s got that fire that burns inside of him, the will to succeed, the will to win.”

(on how fast his career has gone) “Superfast. Time flies as far as the season goes, the years, I just thank God I’ve been healthy the majority of my career and to be here in the situation I’m in right now.”

(on how many snaps he will play) “I couldn’t tell you, it all depends on what the situation calls for and what Coach Belichick wants on the field.”

(on what its like to be at his first Super Bowl) “Everybody is like, has it hit you yet, that you are at the Super Bowl? I understand that I’m at the Super Bowl but I’m on the same missions”

(on how they will stop Eli Manning) “We want to come out and play a complete game, offense, defense, and special teams. We know what challenges lie before us, Eli is one of the elite quarterbacks in this league. They are a well balanced offense and it will be a tough time, but looking forward to trying to get it done.”

(on putting their defensive season behind them) “When everything’s on the line, its step your game up time.”

(on a lot of former University of Florida players in the Super Bowl) “I got my young pups here, it’s a blessing to see the different generations of Gators be on the same team and actually in the Super Bowl”

(on if the defense is getting the recognition they deserve) “We don’t care about getting recognition, all we care about is W’s at the end of the game.”

(on how it is to play next to Vince Wilfork) “One of the best, if not the best. Knowing that you have a technique, fundamentally sound phenomenal athlete beside you, he’s going to be right 99.9% of the time.”

(on the Giants) “Tough team, run the ball, throw the ball, great defense, just a well-rounded team.”

(on if past games against the Giants will affect this one) “I don’t think it has any bearing on this game, this is a different game, a different time.”

(on what Belichick saying to the team) “Just preparation and going out and trying to execute the game plan and doing our jobs.”

(on why he did the Gator chomp after sacking Tim Tebow) “Gator love, you know, point blank. He’s a Gator I’m a Gator, what better way to celebrate.”

(on if he is superstitious) “Not too superstitious, pretty much the same routine, same breakfast for 11 years, same Bible verses I read and pretty much listen to the same music.”

(on if the defense is upset they don’t get much recognition) “We could care less about the talk, we just want to go out and play winning football.”

(on if he’s looking forward to playing against Jacobs) “Look forward to the challenge, but they are a well-rounded team, don’t overlook Ahmad Bradshaw.”

(on how to stop Bradshaw and Jacobs) “Two different running styles but they are going to call the same plays for both backs, you’re going to get two different styles, they are a complete team.”

(on if their goal is to make the Giants offense one dimensional) “Always, no matter what defense you play for or what team you’re playing for. If you let a team be two-dimensional they are having their way with you. So it’s always one of the key points, to make a team one-dimensional.

(on the Giants struggling running game in regular season) “They run it pretty good in the playoffs, they run it pretty good in the playoffs, tough challenge ahead of us.”

(on if the defense talks about not getting enough recognition) “No because we have bigger things to worry about, like the New York Giants and game planning for those guys.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario