miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA SESSION - RUNNING BACK BRANDON JACOBS - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on how the Giants running game can contribute) “We can keep them off balance. I think we’re good enough for any team… to prove that we can go out there and make a difference in this football game. You’re right, everyone’s been talking about tight-ends, wide receivers, quarterbacks and so on and so forth and it’s kind of good for the first time being a part of the New York Giants football team that the running backs are being talked about. We as running backs are going to embrace that, because it never has happened. We’re going to try to take it and stay under the lights for a little bit and be on top of the lights on Sunday.”

(on what his main focus is) “I’ve just got to run a little harder. I felt like last time I ran OK I guess. I’ve just got to run a little harder and try to get more yards out of the contact, because I think if there’s a good defense then you’re going to get hit, so you may as well get ready for it.I’ve just got to get going a little harder and try to get a couple extra yards.”
\
(on the running game coming together) “We’re still not quite where we have been, but we have come together a lot more than we were at the beginning of the season. I guess you could say we’re getting our stride at the right time and it’s only going to get better.”

(on if there is a key to getting balance in the running game) “Not really. There’s no part of the interior line that we can stay away from. All those guys are good out there. If you run in the middle you’ve got two good ends and great outside linebackers that are going to be out there. So, there’s really no area that you can concentrate on running away from. You’ve just got to stick to your game plan, break on tackles, and run hard.”

(on if the running game will determine the Super Bowl) “I think the running game is going to contribute. It’s a team game, we play as a team. Our wide receivers and Eli (Manning) have done a great job in getting us in the situation where we can win games. We’ve just got to keep doing what we’re doing, but do it better.”

(on if they have a chip on their shoulder coming into the game) “The major goal is winning the game, but of course you want to do well while winning the game. That’s our goal that we focus on, is just going out and doing the best that we can winning. Yes, we are going to go out there and try to contribute more than we have been in the past, but our main goal is to win.”

(on how he has performed this season) “I think I could have definitely done better this year. I just needed to get into a groove, which I hadn’t had a chance to do. I was in and out, in and out, so I didn’t have a chance to get into the groove. I think I probably did well, but team games and team sports you have a lot of backs and only one football. So I try to make the best out of what I can get.”

(on how he got involved in boxing) “I had an uncle that was really involved in boxing. I had a bad temper and at eight years old I started. I had a bad temper and they figured that could help me out. But that only made me worse, because he taught a person with a bad temper how to fight.”

(on his uncle’s name) “Joe Jacobs.”

(on getting in more fights when he learned boxing) Yeah, I know how to fight and I know how to manage it, so that ended up being worse than they pictured it.”


(on if he thought boxing could be a career) “It was something to do. I am a very good friend of a fighter who is in need of management and we became close friends before I ever was his manager and we’re still really close friends. It’s obvious the stuff we’ve learned about each other, and probably being as close as we are in business. But he was in need of a manager when his manager got in trouble. When he asked me to do it, I kind of didn’t want to do it because it was a big role to take on when he was in the midst of being on top. I did it, and ended up liking it. It gave me some great connections and it was a little bit easier because of who I was as well. I took it in stride.”

(on boxing as a career) “I could definitely do it as a career. I know the ropes, I know who to deal with, I know who not to deal with. I could definitely do it as a career, no question about that.”

(on how many boxers he represents) “I’ve got two guys. I’ve got Stephen Martinez and Kendall Hook.”

(on if he is going to stick with managing) “I may be looking more to the promoting side when I’m done. That’s the big one, but I don’t charge Kendall anything to work with him.”

(on how he spent his night before his last Super Bowl game) “I went to sleep at nine o’clock. I didn’t think about anything. I went to sleep at nine and woke up the next morning at maybe eight-thirty, nine o’clock.”

(on what he plans to do Saturday) “Just going to sleep. You don’t want to sit up and think too hard about one thing. It’s not worth it. Just go to sleep. I hate this time. These two weeks killed me. You’ve got a week before this. You’ve got this week. Just play the game. There’s a lot of money making going on during Super Bowl for the league. You’ve got to get all of the hotels situated and all that other nonsense. That’s why there’s a week in between. Some people think they give you an extra week to prepare, but that’s not the reason you get the week. You get the week so they can determine how much money they’re going to make. I just wanted to come already.”

(on establishing the run on Sunday) “I definitely agree. If we can get the run going early, and just get a routine, and get a nice little rhythm going between us then I think it’s going to be hard to beat. We’ve got what it takes. We know they’ve got a really good defense. They’ve got big guys and they’re going to be hard to move. You’ve just got to get in there and run hard, because you know you’re going to get hit on the other side of the line of scrimmage so just be ready and move the pile and do the best you can do.”

(on what he has learned from playing the Patriots) “Sometimes they come out in that three-four and they try to two-gap everything, so they run with you, they run with the line. When they try the zone and a lot of them stick their arms out when they try to make tackles and that’s always the first contact. You break that arm tackle and that’s a few more yards after contact. You’ve got linebackers that come down and try to hit and if you can try to fend them off with one shoulder and keep your shoulders squared up field. That’s what you want to do against a defense. You want to get there and just hit them”

(on if Ahmad Bradshaw and him have talked about the playoffs being their time) “Yeah, we have. His room is right next to mine so we have had that conversation that this is the game for us. We don’t know going after this one so this has got to be the game for us to come out and do what we’ve got to do together and we can’t let anybody stop us.”

(on if he thinks this could be his last game as a Giant) “I have no idea. I can’t worry about that. I hope not. I want to be here. I want to be around. I just want to come out here and be able to win this football game and whatever happens, happens.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario