miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA SESSION - LINEBACKER BRANDON SPIKES - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(on his style of play) “I haven’t changed my game one bit. I approach the game every time like, ‘Just play hard,’ like every snap is my last.”

(on if his experience in national championship games helps in this atmosphere) “Yeah, I think so. Every year in my career I always want to show in the big dance and the big game. I think as far as me and all the stuff the Super Bowl offers is you got to try to soak it in and make sure you don’t get your emotions too riled up and make sure guys know at the end of the day we’re here on a business trip. We came here to win this ballgame.”

(on playing with a lot of emotion in the Super Bowl) “I just feel like I’m caged up right now, pacing back and forth waiting. I’m ready. It’s hard to explain. Like I said, I’m enjoying all this, you guys. It’s fun; it’s a great experience. It’s something I can tell my kids a long time from now.”

(on what challenges the Giants running backs present) “I think personally they can anytime take it the distance. We’re just got to contain and make sure we got guys at each position that can do it all. It can pop, anytime so we’ve got to do a great job of just containing and being fundamentally sound and everyone just hitting their assignments, being in the right place.”

(on what he can do as a linebacker to help contain the Giants receivers) “I think as far as disguise and making sure Eli (Manning) can’t really tell what we’re in if we’re blitzing or in base defense.”

(on if it’s challenging to enjoy the moment here) “Me personally, I don’t think so. Throughout my career I’ve had a lot of schedules being in the big show. High school, college, I always played in a big game. With those experiences, they helped me out a lot.”

(on the Giants’ offensive weapons) “I think we want to get after Eli (Manning) first of all, because he runs the show. They don’t give him enough credit. He’s a big, physical guy; he’s tough. He gets up after you knock him down. He just runs a tight ship. He does a great job so he’s the guy we have to try to get off track.”

(on if he is undefeated with the pink suit) “Undefeated with the pink suit. I had it in high school. The time I didn’t wear it was against Alabama. The cleaners closed early.”

(on the rules protecting offensive players) “I just do business. You’re playing football. This is a violent sport. I think the fans and everybody should understand that. You know what you’re getting out here. It’s like gladiators out here. Now it’s changing but like I said, I do business. It is what it is.”

(on if he ever thinks about his body physically after his career) “To be honest with you, I’m going to play the game as long as I can play. I don’t know no other way.”


(on his first sit down before being drafted with Bill Belichick) “We had a pretty deep conversation. He called me and was like ‘We drafted you in the second round.’ He said, ‘Don’t worry about it. I know you’re a hell of a player. I know you’re probably upset because you slipped but whatever.’ That was good for me just to hear him tell me that I was going to be a great player as long as I work every day and get better and better. I just feel like everything worked out perfect. Everything happens for a reason. Look at me today.”

(on if it bothered him that he slipped in the NFL Draft) “Of course. You go to college, you get up every morning, five o’clock, you’re grinding, you want be the best of the best. I just felt like I played so hard. I put my whole heart into this game and I felt like it was overlooked. Bill (Belichick) gave me a chance and I play hard every day.”

(on his reputation before being drafted) “I think it was all about the 40 yards in a straight line. It is what it is. I’m not regretting anything that happened.”

(on if Bill Belichick asked about his eye gauging incident in college) “He hasn’t, but a lot of coaches are like ‘yeah, we want that.’ I’m not going to say no names. We’re on the defense. I’m going to try to do all means to try and hurt you. That’s how I play. I play violent, physical and I feel like if I don’t play like that they’re going to do it to me.”

(on the praise he gets from the coaches) “I’m honored to hear that. I’ve been playing this way since I can remember. Parents at games were saying he’s too old, he’s hitting too hard, we want to see his versatility. I thought it was funny, but I was watching just the older games on the NFL channels back in the day. Guys that played my position, that’s how they played. They tried to rip your head off. I just try to move my game after that. That’s all I know.”

(on his involvement in the Patriots’ defense) “Anytime my number is called I just want to come in and get the job done. I want my teammates to know that. No matter what they can depend on me. When #55 is in the game they know he’s going to do whatever he’s got to do to get it done. They know I’m trying to make plays, trying to be a difference maker.”

(on being injured) “Mentally it just drained me. Every day you got to be up early getting treatment. It ain’t like you’re getting treatment getting ready to practice. It’s just a slow process watching film with your teammates. You’re seeing them on film every day. You don’t get to see yourself. It just kind of became depressing after a couple weeks went by. Like I said, with those guys supporting and pushing me like they did…get better, do whatever you got to do. That kind of helped me with that whole process.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario