martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA DAY - WIDE RECEIVER HAKEEM NICKS - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on what he thinks so far of Super Bowl week) “It’s been a good experience so far. I’m excited to be here.”

(on how his shoulder injury is at this point) “It feels a lot better this week. I’m just trying to go out there and play and have a good week of practice. There should be no setbacks. It’s not sore or anything. The rest helped out a lot with just my shoulder and just my body in general. I just took a couple of practices off and then would come out this week and be ready to go.”

(on if the hype of the Super Bowl will dull his shoulder pain at all) “I think that plays a factor in it. This is a big game on the big stage. I wouldn’t miss it for anything.”

(on if he dreamt about playing in the Super Bowl as a young kid and how excited he is to be a part of this experience) “This is definitely a dream. I’m excited about it. It’s a dream come true but we’ve got to take the W first.”

(on how faith plays a role in his life) “Faith plays a big role in my life. I think it’s gotten me to where I am today. I have faith in Christ and believe in the things to get me to where I’m at. Having faith comes from believing and if you believe you can do it then all you have to do is believe you can do it.”

(on how ready he is to get through this week and just play the game) “I’m ready to play the game. If we had to play tomorrow I’d be excited. We’ve got to get through this week, got to take it one day at a time. I look forward to it.”

(on how important it is for the receiving core to go from a struggling group in the beginning of the season to one of the strong points of this team) “It means a lot. That’s something we’ve put emphasis on. I feel like as a group we like to make plays, we like to get the job done. It comes from us working hard; getting in that time with Eli (Manning). We put in a lot of time off the field and on the field to get the job done.”

(on how it’s been being such a young receiving core and how they are going to deal with it for this game) “Playing the game the way we’ve been playing it all season, coming out with confidence. Jitters are going to be there. This is the first time for all of us. We have to seize the moment and take advantage of the situation we’re in. We came up here with a purpose and that’s to leave with a win.”

(on if he’s gotten any good advice from anyone about this week) “Definitely from the guys on my team. They are just telling us to focus on the task and take advantage of the opportunity because it doesn’t come often. As far as off the field; the family has just been proud of me for reaching my goals and just wants me and the team to succeed.”

(on what he’s seen from Julian Edelman playing both offense and defense) “He’s an athlete. Obviously he’s playing both ways for a reason. Whatever they’ve been doing this far in the season it’s been working because they are where they are today. You can’t overlook him. They’ve been getting the job done doing what they’re doing.

(on if it’s natural to exploit Edelman since he’s not a natural corner back) “We’ll see. We’ll see how they play it. We’ll see if they line him up in the slot or on the outside. It all depends. We’re going to run our offense the way we run it. We’ll obviously be making plays.”

(on the effect of the meetings he had with Eli Manning at the end of the week and what it’s like in the room with him) “It helps out a lot. We’ve been doing it all last year, all last season as well. It puts us on the same page, letting us know what he’s thinking. Making sure we’re getting the game plan down and doing the right things.

(on the offense having such a breakout season, what can people not see that’s working so well) “I think it’s just our offensive scheme. We don’t have one guy that we focus on for our offense. We’ve got guys that are capable of making plays all over the field. That’s what we focus on.”

(on what he has to do this week to get the job done) “Just do what we’ve been doing all season. We know what we’re capable of doing, believe in ourselves and just be play makers out on the field.”

(on if he’s had a second to reflect on his career so far) “I’ve been seizing the moment, but we came down here for a purpose and we want to take advantage of that. We’re just going to seize the moment and give it everything we’ve got on the field.”

(on if there was ever a moment where he thought he wasn’t going to be a professional athlete) “I never really think about that. I just focus on day by day as the day comes. Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed to anybody.”

(on overcoming a lot of odds to get to the NFL) “I have. It’s a blessing. That’s where my faith kicks in.”

(on if he watched the first game against the Patriots) “I was actually at home watching it. It definitely had me up on my toes at home watching it. I feel like some things we can still take advantage of. It’s pretty much a new season now. That was like in week 9 when we played them. They’re a different team, we’re a different team. It’s going to be played hard. It’s going to come down to who wants it.”

(on how many Patriots games he’s watched on film and what he looked for) “You study to prepare yourself for what you’re going to face on certain down-and-distances, on certain coverages. To see what things might set you up and see what things they might have done and see if they’re going to switch it up a bit. We looked at their most recent games. I think the last four games we broke down, their playoffs game, and we looked at our game against them as well.”

(on how bad his shoulder is) “It’s not bad. It’s just a little sore. I took some time off to get it right. A few days helped me. I look forward to having a good week of practice this week.”

(on if he anticipates catching a lot of balls on Sunday) “I think I’m anticipating catching every ball that comes my way.”

(on how the team feels about being the underdog) “We’ve been in this position before. We don’t feel like we’re the underdogs, but obviously that’s what the media thinks. It is what it is. We know what we’re capable of doing. We won’t really feed into that. We’re going to stand strong as a team. We always do.”

(on what specific problems the Patriots secondary create) “I think we’re going to be confident in how we approach them. We’re capable of doing it as an offense. They’re going to give us different looks, and we’re going to run our offense accordingly.”

(on if he had anyone inspire him as a kid) “As a kid, athletes in the NFL inspired me. I looked up to a lot of athletes whether it was basketball, Michael Jordan; football, I liked Randy Moss a lot.”

(on how he’s approaching Super Bowl week) “It means a lot to be here. I’ve got a lot of support from back home, a lot of people pulling for me. It’s just exciting to be here. I just want to take advantage of this moment because there isn’t any telling for when you’ll be back here. I’m blessed to be in this situation so I want to take advantage of it.”

(on what it would be like for the Giants to beat the Patriots for the second time in the Super Bowl) “I think it’s just a matter of us focusing on what’s at task. We’re going to look at it like we’re approaching this game like any other game. We came down here to play well and to play hard and that’s what we’re going to do.”

(on who he thinks practices the hardest on his team) “I think we all are good at different things. I think we’re all capable of making plays. We all bring something to the game and something to the table. We all practice hard.”

(on his thoughts on Super Bowl Media Day) “It’s a lot, but it’s definite a memory I’ll always keep. I want to take advantage of it.”

(on if he can recall the Hail Mary pass he caught against Green Bay and how the play unfolded) “It was actually my first Hail Mary catch of my career. It was just six seconds left on the clock, (Ahmad Bradsahw) made a good run to get us in a position to do it. He got out of bounds and we had six seconds left. We always practice on Saturday’s but we never actually throw it, we just work on landmarks. Once I was running down the field I saw how open it was. Then I saw the ball in the air. It was nothing but me, the ball and my head, so I just jumped up to go get it.”

(on how he paces himself mentally throughout this week) “Just taking it one day at a time, knowing what’s at task, taking advantage of everything. It’s going to be a long week but you have to treat it as any other week that you approach a game. Don’t change anything up. Just know that that day is going to come when you’ve got to step on the field and play and when it does be ready.”

(on if he’s gotten any advice from teammates that played in Super Bowl XLII against the Patriots) “Just to take advantage of the opportunity, take advantage of the situation, know what we’re capable of doing. We definitely want to bring it home.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario