martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - WIDE RECEIVER DEION BRANCH - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on Super Bowl XLVI) “Our job is to come out and execute our plays and that is what we are going to try and do.”

(on whether it takes the pressure off of him coming into this game after having been named the most valuable player of Super Bowl XXXIX) “No not really. I think there is a lot of pressure on all the guys. It’s all about going out and doing our jobs and doing what we have been doing all year long. I think that is the reason we are here. We didn’t get here by mistake. We put a lot of hard work in this season and hopefully we can come in and finish the job.”

(on whether this is a revenge game for the Patriots since the Giants beat them in Super Bowl XLII) “No I don’t think so. This is a different year and a different team. It’s really all about the game on Sunday.”

(on how excited he is about playing the Rams next season in London) “We’re going to play over there next year? Who are we going to play? I’ve been to London and Great Britain two years ago with the kids and my wife.”

(on the best thing about his visit to London) “I really liked everything. What I remember most was the freshness of the air.”

(on what type of game he expects to have on Sunday) “My confidence is very high. I’m never lacking in that part. It’s all about opportunities and what the defense gives us and taking advantage of it. Whether it’s me or any of the other guys, I’m going to go out and play my game.”

(on what he thinks of the Giants’ defense) “I think what gives us problems, and also gives teams problems across the league, is the Giants’ front seven. Their front line is really good. All those guys bring a lot of pressure.”

(on how the Patriots are going to attack the Giants’ defensive secondary) “It’s just part of our game plan. They are going to do what they do and we are going to do what we do best.”

(on how he feels about playing in another Super Bowl) “It’s going to be great. It’s an honor just to be a part of this. I’m truly thankful to be a part of playing in another Super Bowl. I think all the guys truly will go and play their hearts out on Sunday. Everyone has put in a lot of hard work all season. Everybody was ready to go when we reported for training camp and excited about the season.”

(on what part faith plays in his life) “Faith plays a big part in my life. I was raised a Christian and I believe in God. He’s the reason I am here. I’m very thankful for everything in my life. Every day that I wake up I thank God. The things I do outside of football are really important to me. I’m more than just a football player. I feel like we are put here to serve a purpose whether you are a football player or not.”

(on what he thinks about Super Bowl Media Day) “I think all the stuff that leads up to the game for these two weeks is fun but I’m obviously getting prepared to play the game on Sunday. It’s different this year because they have a lot of fans in the stands. These people in Indianapolis have been waiting for this game for a long time although I don’t see many Patriots fans in the stands. There are mostly Colts fans in the stands but this is what it’s all about giving back to the fans. That’s why the NFL is the greatest sport. We are the best of the best. We are the crème de la crème.”

(on how much football he played growing up) “I played Pop Warner football as a kid, to middle school which I didn’t get to play football because my high school coach didn’t allow me to play in middle school, and then to high school and then to college. All these times are a big part of my life and my upbringing.”

(on why he has a video camera with him recording the Media Day festivities) “We get recorded all the time, and so I thought I would put you all on the spot today. Don’t be surprised to see yourself one day.”

(on what he expects his role to be on Sunday) “Exactly what it has been all year to get to this point. Whenever the coach calls my number I am going to respond. I’m going to be there and answer. Each and every one of us has a role. Our jobs are to go out there on Sunday and do what the coaches ask us to do. I try and do that each and every week. If the coaches give me the opportunity I am going to take advantage of that. I never go into a game thinking that the coaches are never going to throw me the ball. They would never do that.”

(on what the Super Bowl means to Indianapolis) “It’s really good for the city of Indianapolis. This is what the city has been waiting for. I think they have set all kinds of records already with the opening of the Super Bowl (festivities downtown). I think the fans were ready to go even before we got to town on Sunday. Maybe they will get a chance to have the Super Bowl back here again.”

(on how Patriots coach Billl Belichick been able to find so many talented free agents like Rob Ninkovich) “First off, coach Belichick has an eye for talent, and given the opportunity, most of his players take advantage of it. He gives each and every guy the opportunity to play football and what each player does with that is their choice, and I think Rob has done a great job with that. Coach is going to allow guys to get on the football field.”

(on what it has been like playing with Chad Ochocinco) “He’s a great guy on and off the football field. He’s a great friend. He was one of my friends before he got here, and since he’s been here, our friendship has strengthened. I truly love playing with this guy.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario