martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - RUNNING BACK/KICK RETURNER DANNY WOODHEAD - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on if there was a moment during the past week where it hit him that he was going to the Super Bowl) “Maybe while we were game planning and getting ready to come out. But you have to approach it like it is just another game. As hard as it may be at times, it still is just another game and we have to get ready just like we always do, and that’s preparing and knowing what are supposed to do during the game.”

(on if he ever feels like the “lights are too bright” having come from a small Nebraska town) “I wouldn’t say that I have ever felt that way. I try not to get too caught up in it. I know what you’re saying, but I have never had that feeling. I feel like I am going to come out and play to the best of my abilities every play. I don’t think the light being too big or having so many people at a game really affects it. I just want to be the best teammate that I can be on every play. That is what I am more concerned about.”

(on the difference between getting a high volume of snaps in college and playing for the Patriots, where the game plan changes every week) “It isn’t something I am really concerned about. I am (more concerned) about being ready for every play and whenever your opportunity may come, it will come. I just try to stay prepared all the time.”

(on how his faith has helped him get through adversity) “I think having faith, number one, is how you get through any adversity. I try not to let the outside stuff affect me because when all is said and done, God has a plan for my life and I am here to live it. He has a plan and whenever I try to make my plan, it doesn’t work out that way, so I am just going to try and live my life and I know God has a hand in it.”

(on if he thought his career might be over after he got cut from the Jets at the beginning of the 2010 season) “No. I felt like I’d get another chance. I don’t know if there was something that made me believe that. I guess I just didn’t think it was over. I felt like I had a lot of football left in me.”

(on if he realizes that other people with smaller statures are living the dream vicariously through him) “I don’t think I realize. I am just trying to go to work every single day, and I never think about my size because to me it is not an issue. I don’t think it is something that I have to fight at all, because it is not something I have had to worry about ever. I don’t think being 5-8 has ever hurt me – maybe in the eyes of some – but it is not something that I worry about at all.”

(on what it says about the Patriots that they pick up so many players that have been cut or are undrafted) “I think they just try to get the guys that they think will work in their system the best, and we go out there and try to do our job every single play. They are going to do their job trying to find the best players for them and we are going to go out there and work as hard as we can.”

(on how year one with the Patriots is different than year two) “I think the fact that things just happened faster because I was picked up (a couple of weeks into) the season and wasn’t at training camp. It is something I look back on too much … I wouldn’t say (it has been easier). I don’t think any NFL season is ever easy. I think you have to grind every single week. If you want to be prepared for everything, you have to make sure that you are prepared for each game. It is hard work and that’s just part of it.”

(on if he was prepared for the type of season he had last year, from being cut to being the “cult hero” of the Patriots) “That is not something that I think about too much – being the so-called “cult hero.” I think about just trying to help my team out. So, yeah, I think I was prepared to help my team out. I was prepared for every single game.”

(on getting to Indianapolis a day early to maintain their normal schedule) “I think (Head Coach Bill Belichick) has been to a couple of Super Bowls before, so I think he knows what is best for us. We are just trying to keep things normal and approach the game like we approach all the games.”

(on if the offense is going to run the no-huddle this Sunday) “I think whatever the coaches want us to do at any particular time, we are just going to go out and try to execute the plays.”

(on how sweet this opportunity is after being waived by the Jets) “I don’t think it is the fact that I left the Jets. I think any time you get this opportunity to play in the Super Bowl, I think that is what’s awesome. I don’t think it is because I left a team or whatever it may be.”

(on what is working with the Patriots that wasn’t working with the Jets) “I don’t know. I just go out and try to do everything that I can, every play, and try to do my job to the best of my abilities. Maybe things have worked out a little better here.”

(on if there are places in this upcoming game where he thinks he can be a big factor) “Honestly, I am going to go out and execute whatever play that the coaches give. I am not worried about what I can do here or what I can do there. Whatever the play is, I am going to go out and do it to the best of my abilities.”

(on what the most opposing part of the Giants’ defense is) “I don’t think there is just one thing. They have a great line; they have great linebackers and they have a great secondary. Their defense as a whole is great, so I think you just have to go out and have everybody do their job because they have a great defense.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario