martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA DAY - KICKER LAWRENCE TYNES - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on if he is enjoying being at the Super Bowl for a second time) “I am. I really am trying to because the last time, I told my wife, the last one was a blur. Let’s really enjoy this one. I am 33 now and hope to play a lot longer, you never know when you are going to get back here. I am taking in everything. I have taken a lot more pictures since I have been here and kind of got the feel for the street last night. I walked around and felt the pulse of the city. It is exciting. Last time I didn’t really get to do any of that.”

(on what he sees different in Eli Manning from Super Bowl XLII to this Super Bowl) “I think it is more of the passing game as a whole in NFL has changed. We were more of a run team, kind of a balanced attack in ’07-08. I just think the league has evolved and therefore Eli has evolved and all the quarterbacks. The numbers guys are putting up this year are staggering. So to say that he is better, obviously he is, and you would hope so after four years so I think we are all better players. I am happy for him, but Eli is Eli, he is always going to be solid. He is going to play well and he is going to play well in the big game.”

(on what winning a second Super Bowl would do for Eli Manning’s legacy) “It would mean he is a two-time Super Bowl champ. Sure it would mean a lot to him, especially in the city we play in. they are going to put you on a pedestal if you have two. They put you on a pedestal if you have one. He would go down as one of the best I’d assume with having two rings that would put him in the top five or 10 guys.”

(on what winning a second Super Bowl would do for Tom Coughlin’s legacy) “He could be (headed to the Hall of Fame). I don’t know the numbers so I would probably be speaking out of turn. I feel like he is (a Hall of Famer). He has had winning teams. He has produced in a tough market and everyone that puts that NY logo on, on Sundays, is on the hot seat, every week, no matter what we do. We know that and that is kind of the approach. He has handled it well and he is the best guy for the job.”

(on Tom Coughlin’s evolution over the years to today’s players) “I came in after he made the adjustment so I don’t know the other Tom, but the guy is a winner. He is hard. He is black and white. He is pass/fail, but you have to buy into what he is teaching because for some guys it rubs them the wrong way, for some guys it doesn’t. He wins and he gets the most out of his players and he got us to this point again, here we are. So I respect the heck out of him.”

(on blazing a trail for the NFL back in Scotland/Britain with having been born in Scotland) “It is an honor to kind of represent an entire country. I know they are all watching and supporting, so that is fun. When you get to this game, you obviously know that people are going to follow and look at you a little bit more closely. I love it. I am really excited to represent Scotland on Sunday.”

(on how he ended up in the United States having been born in Scotland) “Lot of travels. My father was obviously a military man. My mother is Scottish. I moved to Milton, Fla. when I was 11. I didn’t like this game that I am playing on Sunday because it was tackling and physical, and finally my senior year I realized I could kick a ball and they had a position that required kicking a ball, and that was something I was pretty good at it and here I am. It has been pretty fun.”

(on the big kicks he has made over his career) “You have to feel blessed and honored. It is a privilege to play in this league. It is not a right. No one has to play in this. I work my butt off every day to try and stay in this league and my mindset every week is to keep your job and that is how you have to think about it. I have just been blessed to be around good teams, good coaches, good players. That is the reason we are in this game again, it is not just because of me, but because of the guys that are in that locker room.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario