martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - WIDE RECEIVER CHAD OCHOCINCO - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on if his experience this past year was solid, and if it has excited him in coming back next season) “The winning experience is always great. Whether you have a big role, small role or no role at all, that’s awesome. Everything this year is something that I’ve never been used to, and what I’ve had this year is something I can grow accustomed to.”

(on if he came to the Patriots with the goal of winning a Super Bowl) “Of course. You come in with expectations to be successful, and the goal in the back of your mind, as always, is to get to the Super Bowl.”

(on if there were ever thoughts like, ‘It’s never going to happen,’ on making it to the Super Bowl while in Cincinnati) “I never thought of it like that. But, what I always do is always work, always work. You guys know how I am. A workaholic, and that’s the way I’ve always approached it. Maybe in a little different way I’m a little buoyant, a little flashy at times, but that’s what drove me.”

(on how the Bill O’Brien and Josh McDaniels combination been) “It’s been good. It’s been really good. We’ve got two geniuses, two offensive masterminds at the same time. It’s very dynamic.”

(on how he looks back at his career in Cincinnati) “Really good, really good. Mike Brown, who said he liked me and gave me a whole new life drafting me. Marvin Lewis was my coach over a long period of time. That’s the person I confide in over a long period of time. Everything about that organization, that city, it was made me what I am today. The fans were awesome. Coach Lewis (was) like a dad.”

(on the possibility of facing the Bengals in the divisional round) “It was a possibility. I didn’t really think too much about it. I watched it, good game, and if it would have happened, it would’ve been cool.”

(on if he thinks he may play a bigger role on Sunday if Rob Gronkowski is hurt) “I don’t know. I haven’t seen the script.”

(on what it’s like being surrounded by players doing the hard work) “Well, we worked hard in Cincinnati also, so that’s really not a good assessment. But, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t. My work always produced results in the past. That same work goes so well, but I still just kept working. Sometimes it goes good and sometimes it doesn’t.”

(on if he’s ready to win the Super Bowl for Mexico) “I’m ready to win the Super Bowl for the Patriots. To go out there and have fun, it’s been a dream of mine for years and that’s it, that’s all I want to do.”

(on if Tom Brady is the best quarterback ever in the NFL) “You’d have to look up the stats and decide for yourself. Without me seeing, I would think so.”

(on if this season has been tough on him) “No, not really. If it was emotionally draining I think I would have spoke out like I did in the past. I took this as a challenge, as a lesson. I think it was a test from you-know-who upstairs, God. Will he be able to handle himself in different circumstances when he’s not that guy, if he’s not that main focal point? Will he be able to handle it? And I think I did extremely well.”

(on if he would rather have 100 catches or be in the situation he is right now) “I’d rather be right here. I’ve already put up all the numbers. I’ve already done that. One of the things I that I was really happy about was that this is one of the few times, or really the only time, that I won’t be home at the Martin Luther King parade because I’m always home the first week of January. It’s so much bigger than what everybody else is thinking about. They’re thinking about the individuals. If I would have been thinking like that, I would have got cut Week 3, complaining about the ball. It’s been a joy.”

(on his maturation process and if he felt tested) “He (God) did it for a reason. Let me tell you what happens. I’m in New England, and when you’re in New England, you think of the elite of the elite when it comes to NFL teams. Now, if God put me in this situation and he puts me through this test and I act up on the biggest stage of them all with the elite of the elite, what comes after that? Where am I going after that? He already put me here, so there isn’t any sense in going back. So I’m seeing it in a whole different light than anyone else is.”

(on if this experience is humbling) “You know how I got here? I came from Dade County. This place called Liberty City, where the odds were against me all through life growing up. You think I’m going to complain after all I’ve been through to get to this point?”

(on Deion Sanders asking Tom Brady to get him a ball) “I’m going to do my job; that’s the easy part.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario