martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS MEDIA DAY - RUNNING BACK AHMAD BRADSHAW - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on how preparation and focus differ for a Super Bowl) “It is just focus and the preparation. It is the biggest game of the year. All you have to do is prepare and play your hardest. That is the best way to do it.”

(on if the speed of the game in the Super Bowl is different than other games) “No, I can’t say that. It is all the same. Everybody is a pro on the field and I think if you give your hardest I think everything goes the right way.”

(on the level of intensity in the Super Bowl) “It is the biggest game of the year, everybody is ready to play. Everybody is the fastest. Everybody is the strongest at this point of the year. Everybody just wants to win.”

(on if the extra week is a distraction or a benefit in regards to injuries) “It helps in my situation, with these bad feet. It is just a lot of hoopla, but the preparation helps and the recovery, yes.”

(on how hungry the Giants are) “Very hungry. We want this more than anything. We have a lot of guys who haven’t been here, who have played a long time. We have a lot of guys that have been here and just want that second ring.”

(on how this time differs compared to his first time in the Super Bowl) “I am a little more experienced. As a rookie I was out there with my head cut off, out there just playing my hardest. Now I know a little bit, and I have been in this situation and I am ready to win again.”

(on how intense the Super Bowl was four years ago) “It was very intense. With me I was a rookie, so I didn’t know what was going to go on. It was one of the best times of my life. It was one of the biggest times of the year football wise. You just have to live up to it.”

(on how great it would be to win another Super Bowl ring) “My other hand is jealous. It would be the best thing in the world for me and a lot of guys on the team.”

(on being here bringing back memories from Super Bowl XLII) “It is start to, getting off the plane yesterday, seeing the crowd, just being here in this environment. It is starting to become the same thing.”

(on the distractions in Indianapolis compared to other Super Bowl cities) “With the team, you just have to stay focused. You don’t worry about the outside, the beaches and having fun. You stay focused and prepare for the game.”

(on if Tom Coughlin has mellowed) “He is still tough. He wants to win as much as we want to. Like I say, he prepares us for every game and he stays on us to stay focused.”

(on this year’s Giants team compared to the team four years ago) “We are a whole different team. Then we just had a lot of athletes that just went out and played football. Now we are a lot more confident, and we know we can win.”

(on the week of preparation last week) “It has been excellent. We have had great practices, fast. Everybody is recovering. Everybody is just getting back into the mood. I think we are ready.”

(on the differences in how he approaches this Super Bowl compared to Super Bowl XVII) “Just more experienced, I have been here before, a lot of guys have. We are just trying to keep the younger guys focused and just ready to play.”

(on the play of Eli Manning late in games) “He is an excellent quarterback. He has a lot of heart. He never gives up even when the times are down and we are just trying to fight back into it. He just sticks in there and takes a lot of hits and throws the football excellently.”

(on his impressions of Super Bowl Media Day) “It is just a lot of hoopla. We are just ready to play football and go out there and have fun. Just staying focused this week is the main key.”

(on trying to run up the middle against New England nose tackle Vince Wolfork) “He is an animal in the middle. He clogs the holes. He is a beast. All we can do is try to contain him and run around him.”

(on the importance of the Giants’ running game) “It has taken a lot of pressure off of Eli (Manning). He sticks in there as much as he can. As running backs we try to take pressure off of him by running the ball. Just trying to get through the holes and everything with ‘B’ (Brandon) Jacobs switching positions, it is kind of tough with me and him, but he kind of lets it flow.”

(on what the moment is like playing in the Super Bowl). “It is something you have to take advantage of. You can play hard anytime of the year. This time is the biggest game of the season. Stay focused and do the same thing you have done all year.”

(on representing his hometown in Virginia) “I’m blessed. Coming from a small town and been able to go through Marshall and getting looked at and picked up by the Giants ,7th round, I have been blessed. To get this opportunity my first year in the league and now, it is unheard of.”

(on who he thinks about from his hometown) “My coach. He passed the year after I left, Glenn Carlock. He installed the heart in the game for me. My hat goes off to him. He is a big part of my life in football.”

(on if New England is seeking revenge in this game and if he thinks about it) “We don’t think about. We know that a lot of guys on this team have been here. We want it just as bad. We don’t see the revenge, we just see playing hard and winning.”

(on if he thinks New England wants revenge) “I’m sure they do. The guys that lost, I am sure they do. The guys that weren’t there they want a big piece of this.”

(on the most upset he has seen Eli Manning) “I don’t think I’ve seen him upset. I’ve seen him a little rattled here and there, but he shakes out of it. He is an excellent quarterback in all different phases. He just finds that secret pass where he just gets into and gets into that football mood.”

(on Eli Manning’s laid back nature) “I respect his game. He is one of the smartest quarterbacks I’ve seen. Just his niche for the game, he feels pressure from everywhere and he is able to get the ball off different times and with me he pitches the ball to me and I am able to make plays. I’ve talked about it before, he has been able to pitch the ball to me when he is bottled up, and just make a play out of it.”

(on some key Giants players not playing versus the Patriots in Week 9 and if that adds to the Giants’ confidence) “Definitely. It gives us a lot of confidence. For the other guys, they played their butts off. I can’t take anything away from them. They may play harder just because we are in there. It just gives us a lot of confidence and I think we have a lot of weapons back that can help the game.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario