martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - RUNNING BACK BENJARVUS GREEN-ELLIS - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on Super Bowl media day) “It’s been fun. I’m having a good time out here. Just enjoying talking to some nice people, so it’s fun for me.”

(on how he has managed to never fumble the football) “Like I said, I’ve just been blessed and fortunate. God has been watching over me to let me hang on to the football because nobody wants to fumble the ball. It’s just something that happens. It’s a part of the game and it’s just something that happens.”

(on where he got his nickname ‘The Law Firm’) “I actually got it from the fans. I’m not sure between the fans and the ESPN people, the Trey Wingo’s and Chris Berman’s, somewhere in there. I like it. I see people come up to me all the time that give me their cards and ask if they can join my law firm and stuff like that, so that’s fun.”

(on what his favorite part of the Super Bowl experience is so far) “Going to practice. I think that’s my most fun part, going to practice and getting out there and actually just being with the guys and just running through plays. Just having fun out there doing what I actually love to do.”

(on if he dreamed about this moment and playing in the Super Bowl) “Yeah, actually I was on the phone with my little cousin Mike Wallace. He’s coming back from Hawaii and I was talking to him and he was telling me about the Pro Bowl. He was here last year, well not here, but in Dallas, and he was just talking about how we used to be in the back yard thinking about Super Bowl and he was like, ‘Man, we’re really here.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, you’re right.’ I never really stopped and thought about it until he said that.”

(on what to expect from the Patriots’ running game) “We expect to try to come out there and be successful and try to win plays and execute on all cylinders.”

(on if he is superstitious) “I’m not superstitious at all really. I’m not into the whole superstition thing. I just don’t split poles. That’s something I don’t do. I don’t walk around poles.”

(on what his cousin Mike Wallace has told him leading up to Super Bowl week) “I talked to him last night, he was getting ready to fly back from Hawaii today. He was just saying that basically, just enjoy the experience because we used to dream of this and play in the backyard.”

(on the Impact Indicator chin strap he will be wearing in the game) “It’s actually, it registers the amount of impact that you get hit on and I’ll be wearing it to the game on Sunday. But I’m really wearing it just to improve the awareness for parents and things like that. You can get hit and you see your child out there, you don’t really know what’s really going on, but if you can see the light is blinking than you can have a coach or somebody check them out. It can do more for concussion tests because it’s something that’s really been serious. You see all the concussion hits that have been going on in the NFL and I just want to bring up the awareness.”

(on if he has tried wearing the Impact Indicator chin strap and if he thinks it will be a distraction) “No, it won’t be. I’ve been wearing it for the last couple weeks. It’s a chin strap. It’s not really nothing that’s different about it, it’s just a chin strap. The only thing that’s different is it registers the amount of impact that you’re getting once you get hit. That will be fun. I think that’s fun.”

(on how it registers the hit) “It’s green now, but if there is an impact of like a concussion the light will start blinking and it will turn red.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario