martes, 31 de enero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS MEDIA DAY - KICKER STEPHEN GOSTKOWSKI - Ingles

Super Bowl XLVI – Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(on Patriots popularity worldwide) “It’s great to be on such a recognizable team. I think the Krafts and the Patriots organization has done a good job of winning games and being a classy organization.”

(on a Patriots kicker possibly deciding a Super Bowl again) “I’m excited to be at the Super Bowl. My goal is to play well. If I get put in situations where it’s a big kick, I’ll do my best to come through for the team.”

(on his feelings when Baltimore’s Billy Cundiff missed the field goal in the AFC title game) “I felt bad for him personally. It’s more fun to beat a team than to see something like that happen. At the same time, I was ecstatic. We were in the Super Bowl.”

(on what he told Cundiff) “I told him to keep his head up.”

(on thinking about the rematch with the Giants in the Super Bowl) “We are in the Super Bowl. We are excited to be here. We don’t care who we play, we just want to win.”

(on how different 2011 Giants are from the 2007 team) “It’s completely different. Both teams are completely different. The only similarity is that we are both playing good football and we are both trying to win a championship. Each team will give its best effort.”

(on enjoyment of Media Day) “It’s fun, but it’s nice to get it out of the way. We are here to play a game and we are here to win. But it’s awesome how excited everyone gets about this game.”

(on going back to the Super Bowl) “It’s special. You see all the Super Bowl logos and you see the patch on your jersey. It’s definitely special. You want to take advantage of the opportunity and not look back at it with any regrets.”

(on playing in a dome) “In New England we get awful weather and it’s cold. You definitely appreciate the times where you aren’t freezing your butt off, because we are always outside practicing and playing. It’s nice to not have to bundle up to play.”

(on Belichick’s message before coming down here) “He just said to enjoy it. We just have to come down here and get the job done. We just need to be focused on the game.”

(on his memories from Super Bowl XLII) “Well, obviously we didn’t come out on the winning end, so it was very disappointing. But I will always remember the opening kickoff.”

(on being ready since all the Patriots’ Super Bowl wins have been by three points) “You are ready every game. We won last week by three points. We have won other games by three points. I just don’t worry about any moment. I just worry about kicking well. I try to treat every kick the same and I want to make every kick, let alone the kick at the end of the game.”

(on his range with game on the line in a dome) “Let’s just go 100 yards.”

(on his thoughts that the game could come down to a kick) “I would be excited for the opportunity.”

(on advice he got from friends with the NHL Champion Boston Bruins) “It definitely drives you to see how excited people get about a championship. Those guys obviously handled everything with class. They handled themselves well in games and were ready to play. We can definitely learn something from that.”

(on if he has any superstitions) “Not really. I just try to stay in my routine. I don’t have anything that crazy that I can tell you about.”

(on growing up a San Francisco 49ers fan) “I was a big fan of Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young.”

(on Brady surpassing Montana if the Patriots win) “That’s for the people on the NFL Network and ESPN to decide. I just know how good we know Tom is and how competitive he is. It’s good to have a guy like that on your team.”

(on his non-politically correct answer to previous question) “It’s a no-win answer. I would take either one of them. They are both two of the best quarterbacks of all time.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario