domingo, 5 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS - WR VICTOR CRUZ - Ingles

“God is my Savior.”

(on how he feels) “Here it is. Everything plus more, man. I can’t ask for anything more. All the way to the very end. And you never know with Tom Brady at the helm, but we saw it through.”

(on Patriots QB Tom Brady’s throw at the end) “I was just holding my breath. Defense just holding it down.”

(on what it feels like) “Amazing. I dreamed of this moment. I dreamed of this time. I dreamed of being here. That’s my grammar school gym teacher! I couldn’t ask for anything more, man. This is the best feeling of my life. I want to catch some confetti; I want to bring it home.”

(on the Lombardi Trophy going to the Meadowlands) “It’s at home. It’s where it’s supposed to be. We came here, we won it as a team. It took every single person on this field to win this game and we did it. Everybody in Patterson, [NJ], we did it. We did it. We did it, and I’m glad I was a part of it.”

(on how he feels) “It feels amazing, man—just to be here, to have won it, to see the confetti coming down, it’s awesome. It’s absolutely awesome.”

(on the first touchdown) “I had to bottle it a little bit, but once I got it, I snagged it, and then it was salsa time after that, baby.”

(on if he ever had a doubt) “I just knew we had a shot. I just knew we had to keep plugging away man, and we did it.”

(on scoring in the Super Bowl) “It’s just a dream come true. You grow up, you watch this game and you hope you could just get yourself in a position to play in this league. To come in and not only play, but to score… I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

(on the play of his teammates) “(Quarterback Eli Manning) was great. He took advantage of the defense and every look he saw. Hakeem (Nicks), too. Hakeem had a crazy game. I’m just happy for them. I’m happy for all my guys.”

(on wide receiver Mario Manningham’s catch) “That was just a great grab. I understood that he wanted to make a play all game long. You could see it in his face. Once he got the opportunity, he really took advantage of it and he really just held on to the moment. He made the catch that basically propelled us to the next level.”

(on the last play of the game) “You kind of hold your breath a little bit when the ball is in the air. Then you see it come down and you just know that – you just hope that your defense comes up with a great play. And they did. It was perfect. It was tough, understanding that it was Tom Brady and you don’t know what could happen (because) he’s capable of anything when he has the football in his hands, but, it’s a credit to our defense. They really clamped down, really savored the moment and came up with the big play.”


(on quarterback Eli Manning) “I think it solidifies him a little bit. He had that question mark of whether he was elite, but he came out all season and proved it. And now he’s a Super Bowl champ, Super Bowl MVP again. There’s really nothing people can say about the guy now.”

(on the Patriots defense) “They kind of came out, forced us to run the ball a little bit. We saw that and we took advantage of it. We ran the ball very well today, I feel like. We gashed them in moments where we knew we could end the game and if we kept it up. We had our opportunities. Specifically on third down, though, they would kind of bracket me and keep two guys in my vicinity, keeping one guy underneath and one guy up top. So a lot of credit to those guys defensively. They did a good job, (but) at the end of the day, I was able to get in the end zone and dance a little salsa.”

(on how it felt to score) “It felt amazing. You always dream of scoring. You always dream of just getting to the Super Bowl, but to be able to score in it and do the salsa was just… I can’t even put words to it. It was just amazing. And to win the game on top of that, you couldn’t ask for anything more.”

(on the experience of the season) “It’s just been an incredible journey, an incredible ride. I wouldn’t want to spend it with anybody else – no other teammates, no other team, no other city. I’m just happy to be here.”

(on the huddle during the final drive of the game) “It was like any other huddle. We knew we had to go in and win the game. It was on us, which is the way we wanted it to be. We drove the field, Hakeem (Nicks) and Mario (Manningham) made some great plays, and it was just amazing.”

(on what it felt like to be on the sidelines during the game) “Throughout the whole thing, I was just pacing back and forth. I couldn’t really watch (the game). I just wanted the clock to go as fast as possible. Our defense played great. They held (the Patriots) back, four downs, got some time off the clock. We had a couple penalties, but managed to clamp down and really hold them down.”

(on the 12-men in the huddle penalty) “That’s a chance where we should have taken advantage, but we got an unfortunate penalty. We understood we just had to keep plugging away. Things like that are going to happen, but we just have to remain focused and keep on plugging away.”

(on his touchdown reception) “It was an inside slant route that was called by Eli (Manning). I jus tmade a great move on the safety, because he bit on the fake. I went inside and the linebacker tipped it a little bit, so it bobbled, but I went out, got two hands on the ball and was able to reel it in.”

(on wide receiver Mario Manningham’s 38-yard reception on the game’s final drive) “That was just a great catch. He’s been making that catch all year, and this was just one of those moments where we needed him to make that catch and he did. He kept his feet in bounds. It was huge for us.”

(on the close ending to the game) “It was good for us. We knew they were going to come out and play agressively coming out (in the second half), especially scoring right before the (end) of the (first) half, and they got the ball back (to begin the second half). So we knew we were up for a challenge, but we stayed together, we stayed a family, we stayed a team, and we came out victorious.”

(on the nature of Patriots-Giants games) “We understand each other. We play each other a lot – preseason, regular season, Super Bowls. We both know each other. Both coaches know what it takes to win. It takes a physical, hard-nosed game and it takes everyone playing on the same accord. There’s just something about both these teams that brings out the best in each other.”

(on wide receiver Mario Manningham) “You can’t forget about him. All these playoffs, he’s been making great catches and great moments. It’s just a credit to his professionalism and the way he’s carried himself. He’s somebody I look up to. He has some years in this league. I’m just happy for the guy. He’s made some clutch catches and has great moves. He comes up big when we need him most.”

(on whether being bracketed on defense helped open up plays for his teammates) “A little bit. Every time you see double coverage your way, you know there has to be one-on-one coverage somewhere. Any time you see that, any time you see a double coverage your way, it shows the amount of respect they have for your talent. But you know that other guys on your team have the ability to win on one-on-one coverage, and we did that today.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario