lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS - K LAWRENCE TYNES - Ingles

(on how it feels to win the Super Bowl) “It’s still so fresh and new but it’s kind of just a numbing sensation to have done this being at 7-7 six weeks ago it says a lot about our team, Coach Coughlin and the guys in the locker room.”

(on which Super Bowl win he enjoyed more) “I like this one better for some reason, I think it’s because it’s the newest one. I just think the way we played after being 7-7 and getting back, I thought we were an underachieving team at 7-7 and we just finally, for the last six weeks played like we thought we could play. To be World Champions is obviously a great thing to say, next to the birth of your children and getting married it’s the best professional experience you will have.”

(on fans wearing his jersey) “It’s probably all my parents. We have some divorced family members so my kids have like six grandparents, six grandmothers, so there’s a lot.”

(on what he was thinking when it looked like he would have to kick a game winning field goal) “I’m just thinking, like I said all week, of my routine and it was at the end of the game. I was approaching just like I was the two kicks in the third quarter. We got it so close, I thought Ahmad was going to take the knee, that would have been pretty sweet.”

(on Ahmad not taking a knee) “It was like he wanted to and then he just bulled forward. I’ll be honest with you, that was the right play. You give Tom Brady the ball, all they needed was a field goal had we kicked a field goal. I think we scored right there, touchdown. Giving him (Brady) a minute is nail biting as you saw so it was the right play for him to score.”

I’m just happy we won, I don’t care how we did it. Whether I kick or whether I don’t score, it’s just really cool to celebrate with 52 other men that laid it on the line for 20 weeks and to have it culminate in a World Championship and Ticker Tape parade on Tuesday. I’ve got to experience that and for me that has been my favorite part of winning championships, the ticker tape parade and celebrating with the people of New York.

(on how this game was similar to the 2008 Super Bowl) “There was a little bit more time left and all we needed was a field goal; last time we needed a touchdown. There were so many similarities with the safety and, this is going back to the 1991 Championship, but I was talking to Harry Carson just now with the trophy and he said something about how they went into halftime losing 10-9. It was eerily similar, a lot of guys didn’t want to talk about it, but we almost replicated history a little bit as far as how we got here and the game itself tonight. History does repeat itself.”

(on if the penalties that took them out of field-goal range early in the game bothered him)“I love kicking field goals, I really do, but I don’t let little fouls bother me. I just try to stay in the game, stay in my routine. I’m ready at all times. At any time, someone can score on our team, so I’m always ready. I always have my shoes tied, I’m kicking balls into the net. I’m not frustrated. I know what the guys do out there is difficult and for me to get upset over them would be very selfish. We moved the ball enough tonight. Seventeen was our goal in our meeting last night to hold them to and we held them to that.”


(on what a great play the throw to Manningham was in the fourth quarter) “Mario (Manningham) owes me for that because he is a little superstitious. During practices, I throw the ball to him when scout team offense is there, so I throw him those routes, oddly enough. We probably get about 50 throws in a day, me and him. It’s just because you aren’t going to get every ball in practice so Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I keep him pretty lose and we throw the ball around a lot so I’m taking all the credit for that.”

(on how tough of a play that was) “Its 9.9. It was a tough throw, a tough catch, a tough read of coverage to slip it in there. Eli has done that a lot this year. I’ve always thought he’s been a great passer. To say he did something abnormal, he didn’t.”

(on what read Manning had to make to complete the throw to Manningham) “Oh God, I’m not an offensive player, I don’t know. I couldn’t tell you. I have no idea.”

(on this year’s team and the future) I think our average age is 27 years old. I think I saw something this past week so that’s not old and you look at the positions. Now we have 53 world champions. We had 17 from the previous team. There’s going to be a lot of guys from this current team. No one says enough about our rookie class that we have. I call them the Fab Five, the undrafted special teams guys. Some of them were drafted but, Greg Jones, Spencer Paysinger, Mark Herzlich, Jacquain Williams, and Tyler Sash. We had such a great, unbelievable rookie class, it’s very similar to the one in 2007 when we won it with Steve Smith and Kevin Boss. It just worked out we had a good group of young guys. You need the bottom of your team to be great. Tyler Sash and those guys on special teams really gave us a boost this year on our coverage teams and our kickoff return. We never got it going to where we wanted but we were covering kicks and punts very well this year.”

(on how the field goal team was perfect tonight) “We expect that out of Zach (DeOssie) and Steve (Weatherford), especially when we are indoors. Two weeks ago in San Francisco that was tough but we expect to be perfect. Thankfully, we were able to help the team out tonight.”

(on if he watched the final play of the game) “I did watch it, I can’t turn away because I want to see it. I want to see what happens. I want the instant reaction, so I saw it. Those plays are tricky, they can happen, we’ve all seen them in college, we’ve seen them in the NFL with us and Green Bay, so you just hold your breath.”

(on what he did immediately after they won) “I hugged Tom (Coughlin). I got a full bucket of Gatorade on me because someone got him. Look how blue I am; I stink like Gatorade. Then I went looking for my wife, my kids, my dad, my brother, my best friend and my brother-in-laws are all here. It’s special to share it with people who helped you get here because all those people did. I think, to me, I want them to enjoy it as much as I do.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario