lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - RB DANNY WOODHEAD - Ingles

(on if he was confident the Patriots would score on their last possession) “Any time that we get a chance to get our offense on the field, we think we have a chance to score. It didn’t work out like that. They ended up getting more points than us, and they ended up winning the game.”

(on having a chance to score on the last play of the game) “Any time there’s time on the clock, we think we have a chance. It didn’t turn out how we wanted it to.”

(on how painful the loss is) “It’s as tough of a loss as I think I’ve ever had. You get so close, and it doesn’t end up the way you like it. It’s a tough pill to swallow.”

(on the confidence level of the team at the start of the second half) “We always have confidence as a team, as an offense, defensively and on special teams. They just ended up scoring more points than us. That’s what happened.”

(on how the Patriots seem to play close games against the Giants but come up short) “They’re a great football team, and I think that’s what it comes down to—two great football teams playing and going neck and neck towards the end of the game. One team ends up winning.”

(on if he sensed his role was going to increase this week) “I approach every week the same, and that is to be ready for whatever can be thrown at me. No matter how many carries or receptions I may get, I just feel like I need to stay ready all the time.”

(on his touchdown reception) “I was able to get open, and Tom (Brady) did a great job of putting the ball right on me. I had to do the easy part, and that was just to catch it.”

(on putting the loss into words) “It’s tough. We were that close to being world champions, and it didn’t happen. It’s a tough situation, but you’ve got to wake up tomorrow. The sun’s going to shine.”


(on head coach Bill Belichick’s postgame address to the team) “We went out there and played as hard as we could. We’re a tight-knit group. There isn’t any other 53—or 61 including practice squad—guys that I’d want to spend this with.”

(on Tom Brady’s ability to give them a chance on the final drive) “We think that no matter what happens, if there’s time on the clock, we think that we have a shot at still scoring or getting the first down. We were able to, but like I said, the tough part is that we didn’t score as many points as they did.”

(on how special it is to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl) “That’s something I haven’t thought about. The individual statistic of scoring a touchdown isn’t going to make me that happy. It’s the score at the end of the game. This is a team game. It’s not an individual game. I really haven’t thought about it.”

(on if the plan was to get him more involved or if they took what the Giants gave them) “I think every team is going to take what the defense gives them. Every week I approach it the same. I try to be ready for my opportunities, and that’s really what it boils down to. If I get an opportunity to go out there, go out and make the best of it.”

(on not being the first option on his touchdown reception) “The O-line did a great job of giving Tom [Brady] time, and I was just trying to break free any way I could. It happened to work out on that play.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario