lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

NEW YORK GIANTS - DE JASON PIERRE-PAUL - Ingles

(on how special the team is) “The team’s very special. We knew what we had to do coming into this football game. We had one mindset and one goal – to win a world championship and that’s what we did tonight.”

(on what this means to him) “It means a lot to me and more to the team. It’s just a blessing for me to be on the team and show my talent on the defensive line. Most of all, it’s a team effort. After we came out, that’s what we did.”

(on the comeback) “We knew what we were destined to do. We came in, and we knew it was going to be tough. Tom Brady is a great quarterback; he’s one of the elite quarterbacks. You have got to respect that. So is Eli (Manning). We were down, but we just kept on fighting. The locker room was quiet, but we talked to each other and Coach Tom Coughlin gave the whole defensive line and the whole team wisdom and knowledge and told them, ‘Let’s keep on fighting and finish this job. We are here to win a championship and that’s what we came to do.’ That’s what we did.”

(on if Giants changed his role in the second half) “It wasn’t anything different. That was our gameplan going in. (Defensive Coordinator) Coach Perry (Fewell) called good defensive plays and we executed them. As far as me dropping in coverage, that was just me doing my job.”

(On Coach Tom Coughlin’s halftime speech) “All he told us, ‘Listen, this is what we’re here for. It’s not like we’re losing. It’s only one point.’ He was like, ‘Just go out there and finish the job. We’re here to win a Super Bowl championship’ and that’s what we did. It was tough. Tom Brady is a great quarterback. We knew had to get to him and knew it started with the front four. We got to him, and Eli (Manning) just did a great job throwing the ball. He’s an awesome quarterback.”

(on the start of the game) “To be honest, I felt like it was alright. We could’ve done better. That’s what we did the second half. I feel like we were a little slow.”

(on the safety caused by Giants defensive end Justin Tuck) “Justin Tuck did a great job. I didn’t know where he was throwing to. It was a safety and I was told what happened. He was like, ‘He just threw the ball in the end zone. It’s a safety.’ Tuck did a great job on that call, on that penalty. Then they came back and scored. The game was going up and down. We were behind, but we came through and won the game.”

(on the last two minutes of the game) “I was just thinking, we got to rush him and the offense is going to score, which they did. After they score, we got to come out and support. That’s what we did. We were just rushing. It came down to the last couple of seconds and when Tom Brady threw that pass in the air, I just went down to my knees and closed my eyes and layed on my stomach. I didn’t know if he caught the ball. All I heard is the crowd going crazy. I didn’t know if one of the Patriots’ receivers caught the ball or we knocked it down. When they called it incomplete, I closed my eyes and it’s just a blessing. It’s my second year. There are guys in this league who have been playing football for 15 years and they haven’t even got to a playoff game. It’s just a blessing. I give all the thanks to New York. It’s my second year. I’m thankful.”

(on the Patriots last drive) “We knew our defense was going to do a great job stopping Tom Brady and getting to him. We got to him several times. Like I said, he’s an elite quarterback. He was just throwing the ball and getting it out quick. We can’t get frustrated because we know what kind of quarterback he is. We kept calm. We didn’t let anything phase us and we just played football.”

(on the secret to batting down balls) “I guess when you see it, just jump up. I had a lot of batted balls this year. I always tell my defensive line, I’m going to catch one but I never do. It comes too fast. But the thing is, a batted ball is a loss of down. It gives the secondary room to breathe. It’s a great job. That’s what I did. I had like two batted passes today. It was a great job. Through it all, we played hard.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario