lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - WR WES WELKER - Ingles

(on dropped pass) “It’s one of those plays I’ve made a thousand times. Just didn’t make it.”

(on the locker room after the game) “Same.”

(on if he felt disappointment after tonight) “Yeah, of course. We had an opportunity.”

(on if he was expecting the pass to be on the other shoulder) “I mean, no. The ball is right there. I’ve just got to make the play. It’s a play I’ve made a thousand times in practice and everything else. It comes to the biggest moment of my life and don’t come up with it. It’s discouraging.”

(on if the play is designed to go in the inside or outside) “You’re supposed to get at the numbers. It’s usually inside edge of the numbers. Just trying to make an adjustment on the ball and it’s a play I’ve got to bring in.”

(on what it is about this Giants team that plays them so close) “It’s the NFL. A lot of great teams and everything else. A lot of games come down to the wire.”

(on if he holds himself solely responsible for the dropped pass) “Yeah, it hit me right in the hands. I mean, it’s a play I never drop, I always make. Most critical situation and I let the team down.”

(on if they left opportunities on the field) “No, I think that goes into every game. I think there’s a lot of opportunities to miss out on. We definitely had ours and didn’t take advantage. I’m right there at the top of the list.”

(on if they felt after that drive if they still felt they had a chance) “Yeah, sure. We always got a chance when Tom (Brady) is back there. Deion (Branch) made a great play on fourth down and kept us alive. It should work out in the end.”

(on if it’s a perfect play does he score) “I mean, I don’t know. It doesn’t really matter now.”

(on the coverage on the play) “I think they got a little mixed up. I think man over me was playing high look and then safety went to one high. That’s why it opened up for me when it did.

(on if he got turned around on the pass) “No, I saw it develop and saw the ball in the air. I went to make the play and on it and didn’t make the ball.”

(on if Tom Brady saw the play develop) “Yeah, I mean he saw it and threw me the ball. I think he was a little worried about the safety so he threw it a little wider or whatever. But I mean, its right there. It hits me right in the hands. It’s one I’ll have to live with.”

(on if he’s felt this way after a loss) “Nope.”

(on the job the Patriot’s defense did) “They did a great job. They kept us in it. They got the ball out. A lot of great things out there. In the end it just wasn’t enough.”

(on the team this season) “We got a lot of tough players who do a lot of great things and keep fighting till the end. We just came up a little short.”

(on how uncharacteristic it was for receivers to drop passes in critical times) “I don’t know. I really don’t know how to answer that question. We work on it all the time and try to make plays. It’s one that will take a while to shake off, that’s for sure.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario