jueves, 15 de enero de 2009

Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin

On whether he will play Sunday:
“I’ll be out there.”

On what it was like to sit out the Carolina game:
“It wasn’t fun at all. If I could have been out there, I would have been.”

On the last Eagles game:
“I didn’t think it was my best game at all. It’s rare that you get a second chance at anything, so I’ll make the most of it on Sunday.”

On how effective he thinks he will be:
“Real effective. I don’t see me having any problems or hindrances. I just see myself resuming to my regular role.”

On whether today was the first time he really tested his hamstring:
“I tested it out before the game on Saturday and it wouldn’t let me go. I did a couple of things – treatment and I went and saw a chiropractor out in Dallas and loosened everything up. Everything seems to be fine at this point.”

On how close he felt he was to playing Saturday:
“If they would have let me, I would’ve been out there. Was it the smartest thing in the world? No. But that’s just me wanting to be on the field.”

On whether it’s better for his injury to be playing at home versus in New York:

“It’s no secret we play well at home and that’s what we wanted, to be here hosting the NFC Championship game. Myself, it will be a plus not going into the cold weather with the hamstring. It’ll be easy to warm up and stay warm.”

On how much he’s practicing:
“As much as they’ll allow me to. I don’t want to go into a game not getting enough reps in practice. Like I said, as much as they’ll allow me to, I’ll be out there in practice.”

On whether the team is convinced he’ll play Sunday:

“I’m not sure. You’ll probably have to ask them that.”

On whether it turned out to be better that he sat out the Carolina game:
“Looking at the outcome – yeah.”

On what it means to him to be in this game:

“It means a lot. It’s rare you get this opportunity in any organization and with the struggles we’ve been through in the last six years, it means a lot to us.”

On what he thinks it means to Kurt Warner:

“I think it means a lot for him. He had a lot of success early in his career and was able to get to two Super Bowls. I think ever since he’s been chasing that on every team he’s been on. To finally get back to that game – back to the pinnacle – I think it means a lot for him.”

On whether the last time they played the Eagles leads him to believe they can have success:

“Most definitely. We feel like as an offense, we can move the ball on anyone. As long as we eliminate turnovers, penalties and mistakes, we feel like we can move the ball up and down the field and win.”

On the fan response:
“I think the entire community is excited. We saw that coming back from Carolina the other night – we had fans waiting at the airport and out at the facility and it was 4:30 a.m. Whatever I’m a fan of, I won’t be out there at 4:30 a.m. I’ll let them know some other way – but I think everyone is excited and it’s good for the community.”

On what the most important factor in the offense will be:

“The biggest thing for us is for us to take care of ourselves. Yes they have a good defense and they’ve been playing well, especially as of late, but I think the main thing is for us to focus on ourselves and not turn the ball over and make mistakes.”

On if he has any relationship with Florida natives Brian Dawkins or Asante Samuel:

“No.”

On what a chiropractor does for a hamstring injury:
“My hamstring stemmed from an injury I had last year. During the Baltimore game I fractured a hip, tore a labrum and the muscle shut off and the muscles around it were working extra hard. It just became a point where the muscles around it said, ‘we can’t do it anymore.’ So correcting that and getting everything flowing the way it’s supposed to helps it out a lot.”

On whether it will be a lingering injury:

“No, he told me once they set it straight it would be fine.”

On whether he knew what the injury was as he went down the sideline:
“No – I thought it was just a hamstring. But the way my body was responding let me know it was something different.”

On what the injury was:
“It is a strained hamstring, but it was caused by the injury I had last year.”

On how Larry Fitzgerald was able to still dominate despite his absence:
“Him and Kurt were on the same page and we had a great game plan going into the game. I guess they didn’t watch the film from the first game, because we were able to move the ball up and down the field, we just had two turnovers that killed us. We went for it once in their red zone, about to kick the field goal, but did a fake and lost three points there. There was no doubt in our minds that we could move the ball down the field.”

On how Fitzgerald was so open:
“The thing was – (Carolina) did what they do. They didn’t alter their game plan because I was out and that allowed us to do some of the things that we wanted to do.”

On whether he thinks he’ll be 100 percent by Sunday:

“We’re just playing it by ear right now and I’m just going to be smart about it, because the ultimate goal is to play on Sunday.”

On whether he’s thankful to be here after the injury during the Jets game:

“I’m thankful every day I step out onto the field. I’ve had a number of injuries that probably could have been career ending, but I’ve been given a second chance. So every time I step out there, I’m thankful.”

On practice today:
“I practiced today, but it was in different spurts. I tried to keep everything short today and didn’t want to do anything to irritate it on the first day.”

On whether it’ll be possible for him to play in a limited capacity:

“If I’m out there, I’m out there.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario