jueves, 15 de enero de 2009

Cardinals QB Kurt Warner

On what turned around the culture of this team:
“I think it’s just been a process. We’re taking step after step in that process. The bottom line is we’re not there yet, but that’s what you want to be as a football team; one that just keeps moving, keeps going forward, keeps ascending. I think that’s what we’ve done. Throughout the year, we’ve made different strides to take it a little farther and a little farther. We just want to try to keep moving on that course and keep taking some more steps.”

On how satisfying it is for him to be in this position now compared to when he was with the Rams:
“I think they’ve all been pretty satisfying. It’s fun, because this is why you play the game. I think it’s satisfying just from that fact that it’s been awhile. I appreciate that part of it. I’m enjoying it. I think the other part that’s gratifying is that we’ve never been here before. I think that’s one of the things I pride myself on in regards to my career. With the Rams, when I got there, they were the losingest team in the 90’s, and now here, there has been a culture of losing, and people have looked at us that way, so now to be at this point, those are the things that I think are most gratifying to me in both situations.”

On what he saw from Anquan Boldin today:
“Just being on the field is encouraging. I don’t know his status. I don’t know how he’s feeling. I just go in with the idea that he’s going to play. Just having him back out on the field and doing some things is obviously an encouragement to us.”

On if he gets personal satisfaction from proving this season that he can still be a starter in the NFL:
“I don’t know if I get any personal satisfaction from that. I feel like I’ve always been able to do this. Given the opportunity, I felt like I would do it again. I don’t know if there is satisfaction. There’s not any I-told-you-so or whatever. I think it’s more appreciation for this organization and the coaching staff to give me that opportunity again. All I wanted was that opportunity, and I try to work as hard as I could to let them know how I much I appreciate it.”

On if his prediction that Donovan McNabb would bounce back after his benching was based on his own experiences:
“I don’t know if it was so much based on my situation as much as based on what I know of Donovan McNabb. I think he’s a quarterback that probably very seldom has gotten the credit he deserves for how well he’s played this game for such a long period of time. He’s a great character guy and a great quarterback. That’s what you realize about great quarterbacks, and maybe this relates to my situation a little bit, is that you don’t just go from one week to the next and forget how to play this game. If you’re a good quarterback, you’re a good quarterback. We all go through slumps and we all have hard games, but I think the good ones are good until maybe they just get to that point where they lose it and just go down. I never felt Donovan was at that point. He might have had some struggles, but he’s too good of a quarterback to think that he’s not going to bounce back, fight through that or come back and play great football. I think that’s more what I based everything on. Knowing him as a person, and as a player, he’s just a great quarterback, so the struggles weren’t going to last very long.”

On if he feels he is a better quarterback now than he was in St. Louis:
“Yes. I’m smarter. I understand the game better. I see things more than I did early in my career. I think I’m very similar physically. I don’t feel like I’ve lost much physically. I’m not very talented physically, so there probably wasn’t much to lose anyway, but I just feel like, mentally, I’ve become a better quarterback.”

On if he could have imagined this season would turn out as well as it did for himself:
“I don’t know so much me as this team. I really can’t say what my expectations were, although I go in every year hoping to go to the Super Bowl and preparing that way. I still like that we’ve done a lot of things, especially with the different ways this season has transpired, we’ve accomplished a lot of things this year. It’s probably exceeded my expectations as well, but it’s fun and I’m glad to be here. It’s funny because even though we’ve exceeded expectations, now that we’re here, I’m not satisfied. It is what it is. It’s fun to be here, but now we want to do more and don’t want it to end here.”

On if he envisioned the team could get to this point when he came to Arizona:

“I just think that was the hope when I came here. I was hoping that I could help make a change here and do something to create a different kind of atmosphere. You always want it to be overnight. You always want it to happen in a day, but what you realize in this business is that it is always a process. It always takes time to get to where you want to go, and that’s part of the gratification of it. Where we were when I got here, and where we’re sitting right now, we’ve made a lot of strides. It’s fun as a player to be in those situations where you’re part of the building process. You’re able to, unfortunately, go through the trials and struggles, but that makes it so much more gratifying when you know how far you’ve come and you’re part of watching that change.”

On how Larry Fitzgerald has been able to continue producing despite being the focus of other teams’ defensive strategies:
“I think the big thing is the coaches have done a great job of game planning and setting some things up, where even though initially they may be trying to double-team Larry, or at least having a safety over the top, with us being able to run the football, run some play-actions, design some plays to put guys in some binds, a lot of times with Larry all it takes is a slight hesitation by a safety or a corner, that gives you an advantage. As we’ve seen the last couple weeks, he gets a step or two in a certain direction, then you’re able to put the ball up, and the advantage goes to you when he’s got a step on somebody. So I give a lot of credit to the coaches for designing a lot of plays, and credit to our running game, because they have to respect that. I think that has been a big part of how Larry has been able to be so successful the last couple of games.”

On the team getting a lack of respect:
“The way I look at lack of respect is when you haven’t done anything to earn respect, then there is always going to be a lack of respect. It doesn’t matter what situation you’re in, as an individual or as a team like this. I laugh at it just from the fact of, why wouldn’t we get a lack of respect when we haven’t done anything to prove otherwise? That’s the process; you’re trying to earn respect as an organization and as a team. That’s what we’re trying to do. Hopefully we’ve made some steps in that direction, but it takes year-in, year-out consistency to earn that kind of respect, so I don’t think anything of it. I think it’s part of the process, and I’m happy to go out and try to earn that respect from this point forward.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario