jueves, 15 de septiembre de 2011

Baltimore Ravens - OLB Terrell Suggs - Ingles

September 14, 2011

On what identity the team established with its dominant performance against the Steelers:
“I don’t know. I just hope people aren’t jumping the gun too fast. It’s a long season. We won our first game, so did half the other teams that played. It’s a long season, and it was a good win. It was a great win, a good way to get started, but we’ve still got a long way to go. [There are] 15 games left, and we’re really not trying to get too much involved with what everybody else’s perception of us is. We just know where we’re trying to go and what we’re trying to build.”

On his perception of his growth as a player and a person over the past few years:
“I don’t know, what do you see? I still try to have as much fun as I can – as much fun as possible. But if you’re losing, you’re not having that much fun. So, I want to make sure I have as much fun as the year keeps coming on, but I think I’ve grown up a little bit – a teeny little bit. But, my kids will probably tell you different. We just want to continue to have fun. I like my role on the team. We’re just going to continue to win.”

On any specific ways he’s improved as a football player:
“I’ve taken my film study up to a new level. I can see things before they happen now. So, that’s one area. A lot of things [have helped] – just the little things, the stamina, the strength and all of that.”

On the team having to guard against an emotional letdown following the season opener against Pittsburgh:
“You’ve just got to go and play football. You’ve got to go and play football. As I said, you’re not going to have that much fun if you’re not winning. So, we want to try to compile as many wins as possible. We’ve got a big task this week, probably the fastest man in the NFL [in Chris Johnson], and there’s going to be flying. It’s going to be interesting.”

On any fundamental changes that have been made in the emphasis of the defense this season:
“No, I think we put more of an emphasis on it now. We run and blitz. We’ve got to execute, otherwise we hang out our secondary and we don’t want to do that. So, it’s more attention to detail to get there. So, we’re just coming. We’re just putting a little bit more on it.”

On the game plan last Sunday being the recipe for the defense each week this season:
“I don’t [know]. We just like to win. I don’t want to say that’s the recipe, because now people are going to start pass protection. So, we can’t say that. It’s always good when you get turnovers and the offense doesn’t turn over the ball. A lot of things went into to what you all saw on Sunday.”

On being the Ravens’ all-time sack leader:
“It’s very flattering, because that’s one of the few things you see as soon as you walk in the building is the guys that are all-time leaders of the organization [with game balls in the players’ entrance]. I’m honored that my name can go up there. It’s very flattering, and I’m glad to have it. But, I’ve got a bigger goal in mind, so I hope I can add this to that list.”

On whether he plans to cut back on his dancing this season:
“We’ve got to start blowing people out big, then I’ll start dancing. But until then, it’s business as usual. Like my man, LeBron James. I’m giving a shout out to King James.”

On what he remembers about Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck:
“I remember one time in my rookie year he came down here and lit us up. I think we ended up winning 43-41; Ed Reed blocked a punt to have us come back in that game. And then, we went up there [to Seattle] in 2007, and he kind of lit us up again. They ran the ball. So, he’s had some success against us. I think we definitely have got to take look at that and try to correct some things before we face them on Sunday.”

On his plans to sack Hasselbeck this week:
“It’s a little bit more personal with the last than it is with this one, but it’s always business as usual. I think first things first is definitely Chris Johnson and then Hasselbeck.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario