lunes, 8 de febrero de 2010

SUPER BOWL XLIV - COLTS WR REGGIE WAYNE - Ingles

COLTS WR REGGIE WAYNE

(on Porter’s interception) “It didn’t surprise me at all. That’s kind of how they were playing a little bit throughout the game. They kind of were squatting a little bit and he made a good play and scored a touchdown off of it.”

(on the Saints defense in the second half) “It was pretty consistent throughout the game. They had a good scheme. They did a good job and they came out with the W.”

(on the play the Colts ran on interception) “We’d run it quite a few times. We ran it earlier in the game and Peyton went backside with it, so I think (Porter) kind of had a feeling it was coming because it was the same formation. He did a good job of recognizing it and, like I said, he made a good play.”

(on the Saints defense) “You’ve got two weeks to prepare for a team, so they’ve seen everything we’ve done. Like I said, they have a good scheme. They did a good job of using it tonight and they’re celebrating.”

(on what the Saints victory means for his hometown of New Orleans) “You’ve got to take your hats off to the Saints. They did a good job coming into this game and getting the W, giving the city something to smile and be happy about. I’m pretty sure it’s going nuts over there. I take my hat off to them. They did a good job.”

(on what the loss means to the Colts’ legacy) “I don’t know. I’ll let ya’ll decide that. The only thing I can do is go out there and play my game and do what they tell me to do. Whether we had won or lost, people are going to have their own opinion anyway. We’ve got to bounce back and get another shot at it.”

(on the Colts’ offense in the second quarter) “We only had so many possessions. That’s how it went. Their offense did a good job of just moving the clock, moving the ball and keeping the clock going. Then, when we had our opportunities, we just didn’t have much time on the clock. You’ve just got to figure out a way to fix that and get the ball back and the offense has to do a better job of moving the chains and putting points on the board.”

(on 4th-and-goal in the fourth quarter) “I felt like I was a couple yards short if I had caught the ball so I was just trying to catch it and turn at the same time. There was a defender right there so I was trying to elude him at the same time. It would have been close. It was just one of those plays where you try to do something and it just didn’t work out.”

(on his knee) “My knee wasn’t bothering me at all. Not one bit.”

(on how the Colts will bounce back) “That’s to be determined. We’ve just got to step up. We’ve got to stay together. We’ve got to stay as a tight group. We’ve got to figure out a way to bounce back. That’s the way the game goes. You win some, you lose some. I just feel that we have the caliber of team that will stick together and figure out a way to not have this feeling. Hopefully we will keep it going.”

(on the fourth-quarter interception) “They did a good job of guessing. That’s what it is, it’s a guessing game. They did a good job. We turned it over and they were able to run it in. Like I said earlier, that’s what they’ve been thriving on all year, creating turnovers and scoring with it. He pretty much caught it and put us in panic mode.”

(on the mental effect New Orleans’ onside kick had on the Colts) “The whole time inside the locker room, we were just talking about getting the ball back and scoring and getting some points on the board, kind of putting them in a hole a little bit. They get the onsides and it kind of takes the wind out of our sail a little bit. It definitely caught us by surprise, but that’s the way it goes. You gamble and you get it or not. They did a good job of getting it.”

(on if he admires Sean Payton’s call to attempt the onside kick) “It’s not my decision, man. I’m the one that’s over there with my lip puffed out so apparently it was a good call.”

(on what Manning said to him after the interception) “He didn’t say anything. He just asked me what happened, what I think. I told him what the guy did and that was a wrap.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario