lunes, 2 de febrero de 2009

LOMBARDI AND MVP TROPHY

SUPER BOWL XLIII LOMBARDI AND MVP TROPHY PRESENTATION


NFL COMMISSIONER ROGER GOODELL


“Well, some say that we could not top last year’s Super Bowl, but the Steelers and Cardinals did that tonight. Dan, Art, Mike, Ben and all the Steeler fans congratulations on your sixth world championship. You’re Super Bowl winners again. Congratulations Dan.”


STEELERS CHAIRMAN DAN ROONEY

(on what his expectations of his team were when the season started) “This group of young players was just marvelous. I can’t say enough about them. We had the toughest schedule in the league. They kept going under Mike Tomlin’s direction and it was great. I would just like to thank President Obama and all of the Steeler nation for supporting us on through the year and it’s really terrific. Mike Tomlin has just done a marvelous job and thank you very much.”


(on if there is room in the trophy room) “We’ll make room.”


STEELERS HEAD COACH MIKE TOMLIN

(on being the youngest head coach to win a Super Bowl) “Thank you. I’m also the most blessed coach to work with our staff and this group of men right here. I cannot say enough about what these guys are willing to do for one another and for you out there Steeler nation.”


(on if he ever felt he was in over his head when he replaced Bill Cowher) “No, I had great belief in the Rooney’s and their decision making. They know what they’re doing. My comfort rested in their decision making and all I wanted to do was prove them right.”


(on what he was thinking when Larry Fitzgerald scored the touchdown) “Acutally I was thinking if they were going to score, that’s how you want them to score, quickly. This has been our story all year, hasn’t it men? Steeler football is 60 minutes. It’s never going to be pretty. Throw style points out the window but these guys will fight until the end. And I take my hat off to you and I congratulate every last one of you.”


STEELERS WIDE RECEIVER SANTONIO HOLMES


(on if quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said anything to him on the final drive) “I said to him that I wanted to be the guy that made the plays for this team. I wanted to continue to be great and great players step up in big time games and make great plays.”


(on what he thought when he saw Cardinals wide receiver score) “I kind of lost a lot of composure. But I knew our defense would get us a chance to get the ball back. And I knew we had a great quarterback in number 7. He’s the guy that’s going to continue to work hard, give him an opportunity and we did it.”


(on what the name of the play was that he scored the winning touchdown on) “If I tell everyone that, they’ll definitely be looking to stop us from here on out.”


(final comment) “Thank you. I appreciate it. This is for Pittsburgh baby.”


STEELERS QUARTERBACK BEN ROETHLISBERGER


(on if he had fun) “I had a lot of fun. I’m really proud of this group of guys. Pittsburgh, our fans, we love you all over the world. And you know what? Offensive line, who’s laughing now o-line. Let me take this (Vince Lombardi Trophy) down to them.”


(on what he said to the team in the huddle) “I said it’s now or never. I told the guys all the film study you put in doesn’t matter unless we go do it now. I’m really proud of the way they responded. Went all the way down the field and scored.”

(on what he learned about himself tonight) “That anything is possible.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario