lunes, 2 de febrero de 2009

CARDINALS WR LARRY FITZGERALD

Sunday, February 1

CARDINALS WR LARRY FITZGERALD

(on taking a late lead before losing) “It was like getting a chair pulled out from under you. It just hurts to be able to get so close and fall short of your ultimate goal. You’ve got to tip your hats to those guys over there at the Steelers. They’re a courageous group of guys. They fought to the end and made the plays when it counted.”


(on Pittsburgh’s late touchdown) “It hurts so bad to be so close to being a champion and have it snatched away from you. Ben (Roethlisberger) was just being Ben again on that last drive and was able to make some tough throws for his team and you’ve got to tip your hat to them.”


(on watching the screen on his second touchdown) “I was looking to see where the defender was and which way I was going to have to weave. Fortunately I was able to keep a step in front of the guy.”


(on Pittsburgh taking him away early) “They do a lot of different coverages. Dick LeBeau is an outstanding coordinator, if not the best, one of the best in the business. He does a great job of getting his guys in position. They had us going in the first half a little bit. We were able to come in at halftime and make some adjustments.”


(on the adjustments they made) “We just wanted to go to some of our signal packages. They were going to sit in Cover 2 and just try to re-route us the whole game. We were going to be able to have some options at the line of scrimmage. That’s when Kurt’s (Warner) at his best, when he can diagnose what a defense is doing to us and just get us in the right position.”


(on staying focused in the first half) “When I was younger, I would have probably lost my cool and got a little upset. But in a game of this magnitude, I knew we were going to call my number and eventually there were going to be some balls thrown my way. I just wanted to make sure I was in the right mind frame so when I had my opportunity I was going to try to take advantage of it. That’s what I was thinking going into the second half.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario