martes, 1 de febrero de 2011

GREEN BAY PACKERS QUARTERBACK AARON RODGERS - Ingles

Super Bowl XLV – Monday, January 31, 2011

(on the mood on the plane ride to Dallas) “I mean it was exciting to know that we were coming here. It’s been a long week with a lot of media and a lot of distractions as far as getting tickets for people and hotel rooms. It’s nice to be here. Hopefully, tomorrow we can start focusing on football.”

(on photo incident with Nick Barnett) “It’s resolved. That’s the only comment I have. It’s not an issue. I never felt like it was. There was just nothing on Green Bay that would be reported on besides that.”

(on the advantages of playing in the same system for a number of years) “I think we’re always looking at ways to improve; not only our offense. I’m looking at ways to improve every offseason. I’m fortunate enough to be coached by one of the best coaches in the game and one of the best coaches I’ve ever been around in Tom Clements. We’re daily looking at ways to improve. As we enter the offseason, for me, now it’s a lot of self scouting and trying to find ways to improve every year. Tom does a great job at never being complacent with the way I’m playing and we scrutinize every little part of the game; everything from every step in the drop to my play fakes to my keeps off of a run. So, I’m fortunate enough to be coached by him and it helps to have been in the system for a while but there are always ways to improve.”

(on playing the Steelers in Week 15 of ’09) “I remember we lost on the last play of the game and that was frustrating. We did some good things that game. We moved the ball pretty well. We had a good fourth quarter, scored four touchdowns I believe in the fourth quarter. Just unfortunately Ben was incredible that day and threw for like 500 yards and they beat us on the last play of the game.

(on what he learned about the Steelers from that game) “I mean we watched that game. I would say there has already been a lot of preparation that has already been done this week by us. They are a different team. Troy (Polamalu) wasn’t playing that game and Jermichael (Finley) was playing for us. There were different players on both sides of the ball and we are a different offense than we were last year.”

(on being emotionally sharp after being on the road and facing difficult situations the last three playoff games) “We had a week off and this is what we do. Twenty-four times we’ve had to get prepared to play, and we’re excited about this opportunity. This is what we started March 16 and this is what we started thinking about and talking about and at the time it looked like a long way off and a lot of hard work. There have been a lot of ups and downs in between that day and this. We are excited about being here and excited about being here.”

(on ticket and hotel room situation) “You know what, the toughest word to say and the word most often used last week was no. There were a lot of requests but I wanted to make sure my family was here. My immediate family. My grandma and grandpa who were very important to me. We’re very limited with the number of tickets we get and it’s hard to get everybody you want there. Tickets are expensive, too. There’s a lot of friends who are going to be here on their own dime and there are some that don’t even have tickets yet. I got as many people in as I could, and now hopefully we can start focusing on football.”

(on overcoming adversity faced in the Brett Favre situation) “I think a number of things. One, a great coaching staff. Two, just surrounding myself with good people. Just my close friends and family. I reached out to a number of people during those times and was able to really get some good advice throughout the way. I just tried to stay true to my character during that time and I had an organization that backed me and gave me an opportunity.”

(on who he leans on for advice) “One guy who I have gotten to know over the past couple of years, who I’ve come to rely on and lean on, and I’ve talked to him this week, is Steve Young. Steve obviously went through a similar situation out in San Francisco when he took over. I really don’t want to share what conversations we had because those are personal between Steve and I, but he has been a great guy to lean on for advice. I was a 49ers fan growing up and obviously I was a huge Joe Montana fan up until he retired. After he retired, to play the way Steve played and picked up right where he left off and won an MVP and won a Super Bowl. It’s been great to get to know him as a friend now.”

(on overcoming injuries to Packers roster) “I think you have to give a lot of credit to our personnel department. We brought in a lot of guys who weren’t counting on in the beginning of the season to play big roles. Whether they were on our team through the draft or the free agents we signed or the guys we picked up mid-season. Erik Walden was a guy who was not on our roster in the beginning of the season won Defensive Player of the Week against Chicago. Sam Shields was undrafted to us and played receiver for three years in college. Last week, he was incredible to us and got a game ball. You have to give them a lot of credit not just for the talent they brought in but high characters guys. Guys who have been cut, released from us, and guys who are hungry. I think that’s the biggest difference between last season and this season is the character of the men in the room and the closeness of us as a team has taken us to the next level.”

(on stressing the importance of being just one of the 53 team players) “I know as a quarterback, you’re going to be fairly or unfairly labeled as the face of the franchise and given more credit and blame than you deserve. I just try to wrap myself around the team and just realize that I am one of the 53 and I play an important role every week. This is a great group of guys who believe in each other, spend time with each other, and it’s been a great season. I realize that I’m one of 53 and we’re going to enjoy this week.”

(on realizing he is stepping up among great quarterbacks before him in the Super Bowl) “Yeah, I’m excited about it. I’m excited about media day tomorrow and all that has to offer. Usually, this is a time of year where I’m enjoying myself and letting my body heal. It’s tough to watch as a player because you want to be a part of it. This week, all eyes are on us and we’re trying to take care of it.

(on whether or not he expected to make Super Bowl some point during his career)
“ I wanted to be here. I think one of the advantages of waiting (under Favre instead of starting right away) is when I was ready to play, we were coming off an NFC Championship season and obviously we struggled that next year in my first season starting. We had the pieces in place and we’ve added to that to give us an opportunity to be here.”

(on facing Roethlisberger) “Ben is a great player and has had an incredible career so far with two Super Bowl wins already. I enjoy watching him play. He extends plays very well, he’s tough to tackle, he extends plays very well, he has a great arm, he’s tough. I saw he had a broken nose during a game this season and was able to pull through, so he’s a tough guy. You have to give him credit because he wins in the playoffs and he gets it done.”

(on how Packers receivers have helped the team succeed) “I’m blessed to throw to the guys that I get to throw to. As Greg Jennings being the number one, he is as good as they come. I had an opportunity to go to the Pro Bowl last season and play with some talented guys, and I’m glad Greg got the opportunity; got the recognition he deserved this season. He started off slow, but he went through a six or seven game stretch when he was incredible. After him, Donald, James and Jordy are as good a two through four as anyone in the league. Guys who make plays on a consistent basis week after week. You never know who is going to step up. James has had some big games this season, Jordy has played great, and Donald has been consistent when he’s healthy. Then, you have a number five receiver in Brett Swain who does a lot of special teams, but could be a two or three on most teams. I’m blessed with the guys I throw to.”

(on why he thinks the Packers will win the game) “I like our guys. I like the resolve of this team and I like the way we’ve handled the last five weeks. It’s been games we’ve needed to win every week. The approach that we’ve taken, the focus level, and the urgency has risen to the occasion. I think our play, for the most part, has improved. We are team that has improved over the past five weeks.”

(on having to wait through an off week and now until Sunday to play) “I just think that’s been a part of my story. Waiting for my opportunity and then trying to make the most of it. I’ve been blessed to work with amazing people and learn a lot. I just always trusted God that my time was coming, and when my time did come, that I’d make the most of it.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario