jueves, 27 de enero de 2011

GREEN BAY PACKERS OG JOSH SITTON - Ingles

01/26/2011

What do you take away from that Pittsburgh game last year?

JOSH SITTON: Good question. It was a tough game. It was a tough loss for us. And really it was kind of like all the games we lost this year.

Last-second losses. Losing by a point or three points. You know, it's one of the games you've got to finish. There's a couple of drives that we could have put the game away on offense and obviously last drive for the defense ‑‑ it's all about the finish.

And I think down the stretch this year we've learned how to finish those games and we've had a few of those close games including the playoff games, so I think we've learned how to finish better.

They're known for blitzing and their aggressive packages but you guys seem to handle that pretty well. Does that give you source of confidence going into that or is it irrelevant?

JOSH SITTON:
It's a big thing. And we go against defense like that starting in March. With Dom Capers, you see the type of things that Dom Capers does and all the blitzes he brings and different looks. They rattle our brains, the whole offseason, and it just helps us with these other exotic defenses like Pittsburgh.

It's a physical defense. But what is Pittsburgh's calling card on that deal?

JOSH SITTON:
I think the strength of their defense is definitely their front seven and the physicality that they bring. They have the speed off the edge. But they have three big guys, three really big experienced guys up front.

They have guys that have got a lot of football under their belts, and they play physical. And the front seven is definitely the strength of that defense.

Want to give your YouTube friends some run and explain what your T‑shirt means?

JOSH SITTON: It's just a video that we found online that the trainers actually showed me. I thought the video was cool. So I posted it on my Facebook, and they sent me a T‑shirt. So I'll do pretty much anything for a free T‑shirt.

Are you in the next video?

JOSH SITTON: I don't know. That's what I'm fighting for. The director actually emailed me the other day and he said they'll send some more T‑shirts to go down to the Super Bowl for a couple of the guys. And I promise it don't matter how much money these guys make or how nice they look, they will do anything for a free T‑shirt. Ask Greg Jennings. He took one.

I don't know the video. Can you describe it a little bit?

JOSH SITTON: It's Feeling So Fly Like a Cheesehead. It's a remake of the song Fly Like a G‑6. I'm not even sure who sings that. But, yeah. I thought it was awesome. I thought it was hilarious. I liked it a lot. We're giving them a lot of good publicity, so they don't mind.

Were you a lineman wearing a cowboy hat, and what went into that whole thing?

JOSH SITTON: Yeah, I was. It really was ‑‑ I don't want to give any secrets away, but it was Aaron Rodgers' idea. He's just funny like that. He always wants to do some kind of prank. And it's funny, it kind of got blown up like we were predicting we're going to the Super Bowl.

It's funny that we're here now, we can say it now and not get in trouble. But it really didn't have anything to do with that. It was just kind of a funny thing that we wanted to do. And it makes all the fans out there that paid the money to come sit at the table, you know, made all them laugh.

It was just a funny thing that we're a bunch of kind of characters in that room. So we just wanted to do something funny.

You don't find it ironic that here you are now going to Dallas?

JOSH SITTON: I think it's pretty funny. A bunch of cowboys back in August, and now we're heading down to Dallas. I think it's pretty cool.

You know Aaron really well. I don't know what he's going to be like this week at the Super Bowl. Could you give us a glimpse into what kind of guy he is with you guys and maybe what you like about him?

JOSH SITTON: Well, like I said, kind of his idea about the whole cowboy thing. He's business‑first. But I think he'll be the first to tell you that you need to have fun at this business, because it is strenuous.

You go through a long five‑week camp. It's tough. This whole season's tough. You gotta be able to have fun, and Aaron's the first one to have fun. He likes to pull the pranks. He’s a genuine guy. He’s a real good guy. He's the first to tell you great job, you're doing great for us.

He's just a genuinely good guy. And it's nice to have that type of guy being the leader on our team. And really I think, and I've said it before, he's really come on as being that leader. And more on the professional side. he's really turned over that new leaf or whatever being in the leadership, the leadership guy, really taking over this team, taking over the organization.

He's been a professional since I've been here. I came here when he was dealing with the whole Favre thing. I wasn't on the team or whatever, but I could just see how it could affect someone, and you couldn't tell with him.

Even in the locker room with us, you know, he's always dealt with everything with great character. And that's just the type of guy he is.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario