sábado, 11 de septiembre de 2010

Cardinals QB Derek Anderson

Monday after Practice – Arizona at St. Louis – 9/6/10

On if the first day of practice after the preseason is different because the roster was cut down from 75 to 53:
“I feel like we’re missing a few guys. We had some guys late to practice. But the first day is always, actually Saturday is the toughest day, but being out here with the 53 is a little difficult. We had to let some good football players go. We have to keep moving on.”

On how he feels now that the quarterback situation is cleared up and he is the clear starter:
“I thought today was good. I got a good start on St. Louis. I’m obviously excited about the upcoming season and the progress I’ve made and the potential we have as a team.”

On if he thought he would actually be in this position as the starter when he first signed with the Cardinals:
“In my head, but I wasn’t going to tell you guys that. I had always said when I got here that was always my goal. Going into any training camp regardless of what the situation was, that’s just kind of how I prepare my mind and how I prepare for every season.”

On how attractive it was to come to Arizona knowing that Coach Whisenhunt gives every player a fair shot at starting no matter what the circumstances or draft position:
“I didn’t really look at that whole situation. Obviously, I know what went on. I think just the players that we had. I really liked the coaches and the coaching staff, the things that they were doing, the things that they had done. I was excited about that when everything first shook out.”

On what the last year has been like since playing in Cleveland to starting in Arizona now:
“A lot of struggle. A lot of difficult times on and off the field. I went through a lot in life, but I’m obviously happy with the way things worked out and I’m excited about the opportunity.”

On what exactly went right in his Pro Bowl season in 2007 with Cleveland:
“We caught the football. We played good defense. That year was obviously special. We weren’t able to repeat it, but we did some good things that year. Obviously I’m trying a whole new clean slate and do some new things here.”

On what he did personally to be so successful in 2007:
“I just kept working. It’s a long season. You hope you’re going to win every game. You go into it preparing like that. Not everything always goes your way. You don’t always start out a game where you’re up seven, you’re up 14. You just keep fighting, you keep plugging away, no matter what the situation is during the season.”

On what helped him the most over the past year:
“Obviously friends. My family has been very supportive. When I got here, Coach Miller, Chris Miller has been amazing working on my footwork, working on my touch balls, working on accuracy. That’s something we’ll continue to work on.”

On if it ever got uncomfortable between him and former Cardinals QB Matt Leinart during the preseason:
“I don’t know. I think Matt and I’s relationship will be fine. Obviously, I wish him the best. I think he’ll do a fine job.”

On the offense rallying around him in the preseason:
“I don’t want to go into any description of it. I think when I’m there and when I wasn’t in the preseason, I just tried to be the best leader I could. Be me. Be positive. Stay focused. I think obviously guys rallied behind that.”

On if he is an intense player on the field:
“When we’re out there, I was telling Andre (Roberts) after the first preseason game, when I get out there in the heat of the moment I get fired up. I’m not yelling at him. I’m yelling, but I’m not yelling at you. I’m not mad at you. I just want to get things right. I think that’s just the way (to go) about it.”

On if his humor makes its way into the huddle:
“At the right time. There’s a time and a place for everything. I think obviously it’s my job to lead those guys and keep them loose. I think our team plays well when we’re loose and aggressive.”

On if what people say and write about him stick with him:
“Like I said, I’ve moved passed that. I’m just focused on bigger and better things. I learned a lot from that situation as a person and as a football player.”

On how he has improved his accuracy:
“I think just working on my feet. Make sure my feet are underneath me, my feet and body going in the right direction. I think it has improved dramatically. Like I said, I’m going to keep working on it.”

On backup quarterback Max Hall:
“I think Max (Hall) did a really good job coming in and learning the offense. I love the way he plays, his intensity. We have a good room and a good group of guys in there.”

On if he has better playmakers here in Arizona compared to what he had in Cleveland:
“I don’t know. I think at times the guys we had out there made a lot of plays. I think probably as a whole, our receiving core is a little more talented. Not to take anything away from those guys. Those guys are all good football players as well.”

On how good it feels to have WR Larry Fitzgerald back on the field for the first game:
“It will be good. We haven’t had him for a couple of weeks. We have some work to do in timing and all that, but when you get the ball around Larry (Fitzgerald), he can make plays for you.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario